New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Hi Guys anyone of you here have a LC100 with 4.5L gas engine with Manual Tranny?

Hope you could share some insights on this particular model as I'm in the process of evaluating if we will get this particular model since it is the 2nd cheapest after the Manual Diesel model.

I was actually surprise to hear that this model is only a 5 seater....any truth to this?

I was also told that this only comes in SINGLE AIRCON instead of Dual AC and that fog lights is not part of the options which is kind of weird.

Please also let me know how is the performance of this particular model and reliability.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i think its a FZJ105? it has solid axles in the front just like the LC80.

its one of the few LC's na hinahanap ng mga off roaders. post pics.

ano ba trim ya GXL? or GX?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Could be the bare-bones model; the type you see being blown up in Iraq and Afghanistan... fuel consumption will be on the thirstier side as effected by having a 4.5L engine and the 4.2L turbo diesel engine has more hatak.

Is it an LC100 or LC80? AFAIK the LC100 came already with a 4.8L V8... CMIIW

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    with a 4.5-liter staright six gas engine, that would be the 105-series LC. Basically an LC80 chassis with an LC100 body.

For my money, I'd rather have something else. Like a Patrol diesel. The LC105 is nice on paper for it's off-road ability, but it's too expensive for a bare-bones model that would drink gas like there's no tomorrow. for me, i'd rather step up to the higher-spec LC100s for that kind of money, or get something with more vehicle for less money.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you plan to do some expedition-type (as in long haul and not Ford Expedition) wheeling, the LC105 is a good ticket. If you just want a luxu SUV, then this may not be it.

From other LC105's I've seen:
    -Manual climate control
    -No center console
    -Vinyl trim which may include vinyl flooring
    -Bench front seat
    -May not have power windows/doors/locks
    -Manual front hubs
    -Steel rims
    -Underbody sparetire
    -No woodtrim on dash
    -No luxo features

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wow, i love that car...if it is a LC105

sarap lagyan ng UN sa sides at sa roof...utilitarian talaga!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    with a 4.5-liter staright six gas engine, that would be the 105-series LC. Basically an LC80 chassis with an LC100 body.
    Thanks for the clarification dude.

If it had the diesel engine then that would be a good vehicle. They sold this model in Aussieland as well if i recall it right.

Utilitarian is a matter of taste as well... my bro and i have this thing for base model look SUVs.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup i remembered last two saturday ago i was at the auction, people there was disgusted at the utility Pajeros ako naman gustong gusto ko, utility pajeros was sold for only 210K (gen 2 na to ah)

BTTT (from brian4x4)
    Solid Front Axle Land Cruiser 105
    Sometimes referred to as the 105 series, GX, GXL or standard model.

When Toyota introduced the new Land Cruiser 100 in 1998, it debuted with IFS. This was not the first time IFS was
    installed on a Land Cruiser. The series 90 also debuted with IFS in 1997, but the series 90 was more of a mini-Land
    Cruiser and suited roughly the same market as the 4Runner and other mid-sized SUVs. The full sized Land Cruiser
    80, which the new 100 series replaced, was just as much a serious off road vehicle as it was a full sized luxery SUV.
    When Toyota added IFS to it's new flagship, it knew that it had to appease some hardcore and commercial customers
    who would still opt for a solid front axle. Toyota also knew that it needed to develop a lower cost alternative to the
    very expensive luxury SUV that would make up for most of it's sales. To address both issues, Toyota introduced a
    lower cost base model Land Cruiser 100. Sometimes called the Land Cruiser 105, or GX, GXL or just plain standard
    model. This version of the 100 series used a solid front axle and the 4.2 diesel engine or 4.5 petrol engine and was
    available with a 5 speed manual transmission. The front axle is the same axle (including 5 lugs and manual hubs) found
    in the 1999 and later Land Cruiser 78 series. The engine and transmission also from the 78 series. These lower cost
    models are available all over the world, but not in the United States and Canada. In North America, only the higher
    end IFS models are sold, with a petrol V-8 engine and automatic transmisson being standard with no other options.
    http://www.brian894x4.com/LC100.html
    Last edited by kimpOy; August 5th, 2006 at 04:42 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i like LC100s... they have great presence. if you're ever going to get one then get a 2nd hand VXR model para medyo matino na yun interior with luxo bits.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Sorry Guys for the late reply.

I just got back from a long trip.

The LC100 model that I'm planning is FZJ105L is this the LC105 ?

Well basically the package offers:

1. 4.5L gas engine with Manual tranny (hows the engine?)
    2. I believe it has the solid front axle instead of the IFS ( I think this is more durable )
    3. If I order white I can put UN on both sides hehehe but this are the UN models
    4. They offer me sunroof but I declined
    5. It's now consider a 8 seater because they finally agreed to sell me the 3rd row seat
    6. I specifically requested the sparewheel below instead at the rear which they initially offered.
    7. swing doors is not allowed for the phils on this model so it's a liftback door.
    8. My understanding is it has a center consule since the unit comes with a mini fridge.
    9. I think it's 2 bucket front seats instead of a bench seat otherwise they would indicate it as a 9 seater. (it says front seat seperate)
    10. Is the SINGLE AIRCON cold enough???? dual AC is not an option
    11. It has ABS
    12. Rear Disc brakes
    13. Transfer Full time HF2A (CD/Switch) Does this mean I have FULL TIME 4 WHEEL DRIVE??? does it mean also no more MANUAL locking hubs to turn if 4x4 time???
    14. Power windows and door locks
    15. Anti-Theft Heavy Pack
    16. Roof rails
    17. It has 2 airbags for Driver and Passenger
    18. Fabric seats

Not much to list down hehehhe it's called a GX model and not much of an option available.

But I should say among the LC100 this is second cheapest to the 4.2L diesel (without Turbo)
    Last edited by rebel; September 4th, 2006 at 09:51 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Land Cruiser 100 series 4.5L gasoline questions