New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    hi, i am reading for quite sometime now re: timeless and undying argument of Diesel over Gas engine. It is quite informative for me. I am a Vios user with a 1.5 engine. And to be honest, I really don't feel the Gas price too expensive since majority of my travels are only this:

- home to mall, weekend only (usually 4km back to back)
    - home to my in laws, once a month (50 km back to back with P500 unleaded, sobra p)
    - out of town trip once in 3 months with P500 unleaded (calamba - tagaytay, calamba to san pablo, etc.)

now, I sold my vios and i'm planning to buy a second hand innova since we are already a family of 5:

2012 / V variant
    2.0 Gas Engine
    51T mileage for 5 yrs.
    500k last price from seller (from asking price of 540k and original price way back 2012 is P1,1800,000.00)

fist question:

-is it ok for me to migrate to a bigger unit with the same type of engine considering me being a weekend user only?
    -is the second price of 500k fair enough? but will still try to negotiate it to 490k at least for detailing, tune up, etc.

really hope you're inputs re: this boring inquiry haha!

thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by holdenme View Post
    hi, i am reading for quite sometime now re: timeless and undying argument of Diesel over Gas engine. It is quite informative for me. I am a Vios user with a 1.5 engine. And to be honest, I really don't feel the Gas price too expensive since majority of my travels are only this:

- home to mall, weekend only (usually 4km back to back)
    - home to my in laws, once a month (50 km back to back with P500 unleaded, sobra p)
    - out of town trip once in 3 months with P500 unleaded (calamba - tagaytay, calamba to san pablo, etc.)

now, I sold my vios and i'm planning to buy a second hand innova since we are already a family of 5:

2012 / V variant
    2.0 Gas Engine
    51T mileage for 5 yrs.
    500k last price from seller (from asking price of 540k and original price way back 2012 is P1,1800,000.00)

fist question:

-is it ok for me to migrate to a bigger unit with the same type of engine considering me being a weekend user only?
    -is the second price of 500k fair enough? but will still try to negotiate it to 490k at least for detailing, tune up, etc.

really hope you're inputs re: this boring inquiry haha!

thanks in advance!

Yes of course. Family of 5 medyo masikip na sa Vios kaya upgrade yung Innova from the Vios. Not to mention mas "equipped" for manila roads.

Innova V pala yung prospect unit kaya baka yung 5th passenger mo ayaw umupo sa 3rd row.

Fair na yung 500k. Prepare another 50k for things that are needed to be replaced and detailing.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Since gas Innovas sell for so much cheaper than similarly-aged diesel Innovas in the secondhand market, they can actually be quite a bargain. As long as the car is in good condition, I don't see anything wrong with getting a secondhand gas Innova. Someone else already took the depreciation hit for you so you're getting it cheap. Innova Gas Engine for Weekend User only

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    yes its a good buy if your mileage is less than 10,000km per year

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by StockEngine; February 5th, 2018 at 02:32 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Thanks po s reply! Mejo di din kc ako familiar s maintenance ng diesel! And bka mamiss ko arangkada ng vvti engine!

How about year model of a vehicle? How do we take this into consideration?

I recently saw this online ( rush sale )

2010 Innova G
    Gas / AT
    40T plus mileage
    P435k only

Is it a sweeter deal to the previous 2012 V variant?

Thanks again!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Thanks po s reply! Mejo di din kc ako familiar s maintenance ng diesel! And bka mamiss ko arangkada ng vvti engine!

2010 Innova G
    Gas / AT
    40T plus mileage
    P435k only

Thanks again!
    Iba na arangkada ng diesel engine.

Magugulat ka bro..😎😎😎

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008

2010 Innova G
    Gas / AT
    40T plus mileage
    P435k only

Thanks again!
    i wouldn't decide yet, until i see the actual vehicle in the metal, and scrutinize her, including a test drive.
    bring a dis-interested person with you, because you will probably be too excited, as to think clearly.
    heh heh.

btw, the V models have captain's chairs in the second row. they will seat only two. your fifth passenger will have to sit in the more cramped and tagtagged third row.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Thanks again for the reply. Yes we are fully aware of the 2nd row captain seat. My wife don’t mind it.

Another question:

If I am used to 1.5 engine fuel efficient according to my usage, maninibago b ako s 2.0 engine? With the same type of travel?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

btw, the V models have captain's chairs in the second row. they will seat only two. your fifth passenger will have to sit in the more cramped and tagtagged third row.
    That's my only beef vs. the V variant that I have....

Otherwise,- comfy seats for 4...

2.0L of Innova gas AT,- put it at 7Km/L city; 10Km/L Hiway...

Diesel is much more fuel efficient - like 12Km/L Hiway....

Last edited by CVT; February 6th, 2018 at 07:59 AM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Thanks again for the reply. Yes we are fully aware of the 2nd row captain seat. My wife don’t mind it.

Another question:

If I am used to 1.5 engine fuel efficient according to my usage, maninibago b ako s 2.0 engine? With the same type of travel?
    coming from the cramped vios, i am confident you will be too busy enjoying the rest of the innova, you won't be complaining too much about the 2.0 gas engine's "seeming sluggishness", whatever that means. but as cvt above says, be prepared for the increased gas expenses.
    my relative has a 2.0, and isn't comlaining
    users seem to prefer the diesel innova. ang daming nagbebenta ng diesel innova. is there a particular reason why why you seem to prefer gas engine?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast