New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    we bought our innova e gas m/t last week, ok nmn FC i got from las pinas to tagaytay is 9.5km/ltr not bad about gas or mt i talked to my SA at toyota, the difference between gas and diesel engine is ang diesel engine may return fuel ang gas wala and as the other members posted buy gas since may issue ang d4d, but really that but the d4d engine? havebt read the thread about that yet oh well happy deciding and goodluck

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Ok kong ako tatanungin Gas Variant . Congrats for your New Ride..

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bratski View Post
    just to update you guys, I purchased an 05 innova gas a/t a few days agi.thanks pala sa mga inputs
    congrats sir. mine is also a gas variant. no complain since day of purchase. lots of noises now on D4D diesel variant of Innova on other thread.Happy & Safe driving!!!!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eijeiy View Post
    we bought our innova e gas m/t last week, ok nmn FC i got from las pinas to tagaytay is 9.5km/ltr not bad about gas or mt i talked to my SA at toyota, the difference between gas and diesel engine is ang diesel engine may return fuel ang gas wala and as the other members posted buy gas since may issue ang d4d, but really that but the d4d engine? havebt read the thread about that yet oh well happy deciding and goodluck
    9.5km/li is not bad at all for a gas engine..

you SA at toyota is giving you BS in giving the difference between diesel and gas engine.. its true that the diesel engine has a fuel return hose as there will be excess fuel that will not fully injected in the combustion chamber, but gas engines also have fuel return hose as not all fuel in the fuel rail will be used by the engine, fuel pump is continuously pumping fuel to the fuel rail and only what is needed will be injected by the injectors.. the only difference between systems is that diesel is injected at HIGH pressure while the gas is injected thru the suction of the piston...also diesel engine produce higher torque better for hauling people or cargo using the least amount of fuel compared to a gas engine

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bratski View Post
    just to update you guys, I purchased an 05 innova gas a/t a few days agi.thanks pala sa mga inputs
    Boss can you update us on your fuel consumption?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    9.5km/li is not bad at all for a gas engine..

you SA at toyota is giving you BS in giving the difference between diesel and gas engine.. its true that the diesel engine has a fuel return hose as there will be excess fuel that will not fully injected in the combustion chamber, but gas engines also have fuel return hose as not all fuel in the fuel rail will be used by the engine, fuel pump is continuously pumping fuel to the fuel rail and only what is needed will be injected by the injectors.. the only difference between systems is that diesel is injected at HIGH pressure [SIZE="4"]while the gas is injected thru the suction of the piston...[/SIZE]also diesel engine produce higher torque better for hauling people or cargo using the least amount of fuel compared to a gas engine
    [SIZE="4"]while the gas is injected thru the suction of the piston...[/SIZE]
    Maybe you mean "thru the Suction Manifold" instead ???

Just a little twist on the thread title for everyone's info on LPG.

My FC on 2.0 VVT-i M/T: Daily City Driving with 8 adults on board.

Gasoline is 10-11Km/li (Average monthly Fuel cost is P10,000 to 12,000) Using conservative driving style, very light on the gas pedal.

LPG is 9-10 Km/li (Average montly Fuel cost is P6,000 to 7,200) No limit on driving style, because the fuel is cheap, I don't mind fuel efficiency. Torque and acceleration is the same as using gasoline - thanks to modern LPG Sequential Gas Injection with ECU.

---My average monthly fuel cost savings on LPG is P4,000 to P4,800 that is around 40% fuel cost savings.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    thanks yapoy86 and mile2 for enlightening me, knowledge is power! hehehehe anyway safe driving to you all, its raining hell out there

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    After 3 years of this offering, the gas variant turns out to be advantageous...

1. diesel variants are more expensive
    2. diesel fuel is fast catching up with the price of gas to almost negligible levels
    3. D4D woes
    4. diesel have higher maintenance cost
    5. LPG option is possible

And if you're upgrading from a Revo, it is more fuel efficient.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    After 3 years of this offering, the gas variant turns out to be advantageous...

1. diesel variants are more expensive
    2. diesel fuel is fast catching up with the price of gas to almost negligible levels
    3. D4D woes
    4. diesel have higher maintenance cost
    5. LPG option is possible

And if you're upgrading from a Revo, it is more fuel efficient.
    Revo has EFI system while Innova has the Variable Valve Timing with Intelligent, maximizing the fuel efficiency by intelligently adjusting the overlap time between the exhaust valve opening and the intake valve opening and the result is optimized power and efficiency and emission waste to minimum.

Innova VVT-i is more fuel efficient than Revo EFI, this is based from all of my officemate's personal experiences since most of them have upgraded their car plan from Revo to Innova. Revo EFI consume too much on gas especially the A/T version.

In my long years of being active here in tsikot.com, there's none here that had major issues with the VVT-i engine.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    to those who got the g variant, accurate ba yung mileage figures sa MID ninyo? mine is registering 6.6km/liter but on my next full tank my computation came out 5.6km/liter. i usually make it a habit to reset the MID everytimei gas up. since gas a/t yung innova ko ganito ba dapat fuel consumption. im usually very light on the gas pedal but im in city driving with lots of traffic all the time.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast