New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    which is better, im looking to purchase an a/t gas or diesel, what is the approx fuel economy of both? Im originally considering the diesel version because of its fuel economy but Ive read and heard horror stories about the d4d. is the d4d worth the risk? inputs would be greatly appreciated. thanks

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Why on earth would you risk that much money on something that:

1.) You know has problems with many victims attesting to the veracity of the defect.

2.) Very high probability of giving you headaches (and possibly death due to an accident).

Why??

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I mean, really?
    Last edited by Horsepower; September 19th, 2008 at 01:56 AM. Reason: double post

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    I mean, really?
    go with the gas variant, better be safe than sorry, anyways the gas and diesel pump price as of now are close, in some fuel station the gas is lower than diesel price

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    i average around 8.3kms/liter (city) for a gas innova. if that is acceptable to you then get a gas version. otherwise find a different diesel fed car.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Mas mura ang gas variant kaysa sa diesel variant.

But mas malakas ang torque ng diesel kaysa sa gas at kung walang problem, mas maganda ang FC ng diesel kaysa sa gas variant.

maintenance cost, malamang mas mababa sa gas variant.

Kung laging kargado or laging long trips, siguro get the diesel variant na lang.

Depende kung ano talaga ang main purpose ng vehicle na kukunin mo.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    I mean, really?
    the d4d is really that bad huh? the reason why im considering it is its supposed fuel economy advantage over the gas counterpart, what i want to know is how much of an advantage it has. plus based on reviews, the d4d is better than the vvti engine, and diesels are supposed to be more flood proof than the gas engine.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wakin View Post
    i average around 8.3kms/liter (city) for a gas innova. if that is acceptable to you then get a gas version. otherwise find a different diesel fed car.
    is your innova a/t or m/t? if its a/t youf figures are pretty good and i might just get the vvti variant. the reason why im hesitant to get the vvti is its fuel economy, i dont want another gas guzzler in my garage hehehe, my expedition only averages 3-3.5km/liter so im pretty ok with an innova gas a/t that averages 7-8km/liter in the city

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    get the gas variant . . mas tahimik ang engine.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I faced such delima when our family were choosing bet Gas over D4D Diesel, since this D4D issue was not totally resolve . So we opted for 2.7 Gas Fortuner Peace of Mind We can never tell something might happen after the warranty period

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast