New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gud Day mga Gurus! I'd like to ask some help lang in understanding some things.Though I drive some years already, this is my first time I'd tinker with things sa loob ng kotse kasi I own one na hehe.Recently po my acceleration was sluggish and with hesitation may it be in the 1st 2nd gear etc.My ride is a 91 corolla xl(2e).My mechanic already diagnosed it at sabi niya palyado yung kuryente ng makina.Sa research ko, it may be caused by a lot of factors (carb,electrical,spark plug. etc.)pero i'd like to replace yun pinakamadali muna.Bagong palit na ang Spark Plugs (denso); High Tension, Distributor Cap, Firing Pin.attached is a picture of my ignition coil.ganun na wiring nyan when I got it.for my understanding po I'd like to know lang po kung tama na yun NEG terminal of the Ext.Resistor is connected to the positive of the coil.I assume if this is correct naka series sya.OR it is the other way around? yun NEG ng Ext. Resistor ay sa NEG ng coil?.....any help or input is greatly appreciated.I'd like to D-I-Y sana and gonna buy a coil one of these days.Pero before anything else, ask muna po ako sa forum...thanks...pasensya napo sa haba

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...nitioncoil.jpg

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    ang tawag dyan sa resistor ay ballast resistance/resistor...

kaya mo ba sir ma identify kung saan na connect yung isang wire ng resistor? (marked as +)... mahirap kasi mag speculate kung saan naka connect based don sa picture ...

kung sa tachometer connected yung resistor, pwedeng series or parallel ang connection. depende on what type of triggering ng tachometer was used... pag current triggered, naka series sya sa tach.. pag voltage, parallel naman sya sa ignition coil and tach. HTH

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by speedibot View Post
    Gud Day mga Gurus! I'd like to ask some help lang in understanding some things.Though I drive some years already, this is my first time I'd tinker with things sa loob ng kotse kasi I own one na hehe.Recently po my acceleration was sluggish and with hesitation may it be in the 1st 2nd gear etc.My ride is a 91 corolla xl(2e).My mechanic already diagnosed it at sabi niya palyado yung kuryente ng makina.Sa research ko, it may be caused by a lot of factors (carb,electrical,spark plug. etc.)pero i'd like to replace yun pinakamadali muna.Bagong palit na ang Spark Plugs (denso); High Tension, Distributor Cap, Firing Pin.attached is a picture of my ignition coil.ganun na wiring nyan when I got it.for my understanding po I'd like to know lang po kung tama na yun NEG terminal of the Ext.Resistor is connected to the positive of the coil.I assume if this is correct naka series sya.OR it is the other way around? yun NEG ng Ext. Resistor ay sa NEG ng coil?.....any help or input is greatly appreciated.I'd like to D-I-Y sana and gonna buy a coil one of these days.Pero before anything else, ask muna po ako sa forum...thanks...pasensya napo sa haba

speedibot,

tama ang pagkakabit ng resistor. electronically speaking, ang resistor ay walang polarity, capacitor lang ang merong polarity. yung negative connection ng ignition coil goes to the distributor that also connects to the condenser.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006

speedibot,

tama ang pagkakabit ng resistor. electronically speaking, ang resistor ay walang polarity, capacitor lang ang merong polarity. yung negative connection ng ignition coil goes to the distributor that also connects to the condenser.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    salamat po sir macgyver for the quick response.and yes before may tach sya (wala kasi RPM meter ang XL sa dash) pero sabi nila mumurahin lang kaya hindi accurate ang reading nya kaya pinatanggal ko. The NEG. of the ballast resistor is connected to the POS. of the coil sir. So it is correct then?....pag kinabit ko yun bagong ignition coil with external ballast resistor....I'll just follow this set-up?....I was just curious lang kasi...parang naka series sya... thanks sir

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    As for your question sir.....I dunno kung anong part sa loob ng kotse yun connection nun sa POS. ng Resistor...I assume it goes in a component inside the car.....di po kaya sa alternator papunta yun?(just a wild guess)..or maybe baka iyan po yun main 12V line...? I've read po in other forums na the reason why there is a resistor daw.....it is to lessen the voltage when the car is in operation down to lets say mga 6 volts.I also read na kung nababad sa "ON" position ang ingition key ng hindi umaandar ang makina...then the current going thru the coil is high hence kung bakit bumibigay ang coil/resistor......thats what exactly happened because recently I had my dashdboard repaired of the busted bulbs and wires etc.And I remember the technician na binabad nya yun ignition key in the "ON" position without cranking the engine in the duration of his rewiring.....salamat po

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    if umaanadar pa rin ang ignition coil after you removed the tach, it means voltage triggered yung setup ng tach mo. that way naka series na siya sa coil..

pag current triggered naman at tinanggal yung tach, dapat dindi gagana until i jumper mo yung wires na naka connect sa tach..

sorry di ako marunong mag post ng pic dito, i can show you sana yung diagram for the connection.

anyway, as mcgyver said, walang polarity and resistor kaya pwede magkabiligtad yung connection. in fact kung current triggered type yung tach mo, pwede mo ikabit yung resistor ballast before or after the tach....

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    salamat po sir pezthie for the response...I really appreciate all your inputs mga guru's Anyways...with regards to the tachometer...maybe i'd skip it muna.I'd really like the engine to be as stock as possible and run it as original as it should be.....yun nga lang talagang minsan po...hit and miss kapag 20 year-old car na...madami dami na din ako napalitan mga sirs sa car...though honestly...masakit sa bulsa...I'd say its "labor of love" nalang.This is my very first car and when I bought it...it was in bad shape......kaya eto unti unti nirerehab ko nalang. Maraming salamat po nga gurus!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    As for your question sir.....I dunno kung anong part sa loob ng kotse yun connection nun sa POS. ng Resistor...I assume it goes in a component inside the car.....di po kaya sa alternator papunta yun?(just a wild guess)..or maybe baka iyan po yun main 12V line...?
    speedibot,
    anong ibig mong sabihin dun?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    As for your question sir.....I dunno kung anong part sa loob ng kotse yun connection nun sa POS. ng Resistor...I assume it goes in a component inside the car.....di po kaya sa alternator papunta yun?(just a wild guess)..or maybe baka iyan po yun main 12V line...? I've read po in other forums na the reason why there is a resistor daw.....it is to lessen the voltage when the car is in operation down to lets say mga 6 volts.I also read na kung nababad sa "ON" position ang ingition key ng hindi umaandar ang makina...then the current going thru the coil is high hence kung bakit bumibigay ang coil/resistor......thats what exactly happened because recently I had my dashdboard repaired of the busted bulbs and wires etc.And I remember the technician na binabad nya yun ignition key in the "ON" position without cranking the engine in the duration of his rewiring.....salamat po
    speedibot,
    di dapat binababad sa ON position dahil nga masisira ang coil at resistor. so, bantayan mo lang.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
ignition coil wiring (w/ pic)