New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    boy starex crdi saan dealer mo binili yung starex mo? From what i see on the reviews, mas maganda talaga ang crdi kumpara sa d4d.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boy starex crdi
    just bought my 2006 starex last december, and honestly speaking, i am surprised by its performance (power, torque, low vibrations, fuel economy etc), and ease of driving. It is comparable to a 2 liter gasoline engine (minus the fuel consumption thing). I know this because I have a toyota camry. I made reservation for the Fortuner but backed out because of the negative review on the D4D engine, which is quite sensitive (daw) to the "dirty" diesel fuel that we have. So far, I do not have problems with my new car, and I was glad I bought this one, which is very spacious that my 3 kids can even play hide and seek..
    boy starex, what is your fuel consumption so far?
    it's my turn this year to buy a car and i really like the space of the starex but don't know if it's a gas guzzler or not.
    btw, we have a sorento and it's been a very reliable ride so far. i don't have any doubts about the korean brands anymore.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    whew, salamat naman at starex ang pinili namin over the innova d4d. just got ours 2 weeks ago, at first i have my doubts on our new korean van but after reading this thread and the "d4d woes thread". thank you

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I think BorgWarner is the partner of Hyundai for their CRDi VGTs

these VGTs are really amazing..imagine a 1.5L CRDi equipped with a VGT can produce 110HP (i think this is the correct specs vs. the 102HP in the brochure). The innova's light pressure turbo can only do as much as 102HP considering it is a 2.5L engine.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    We just bought a Hyundai Starex CRDI GRX. Super loaded with features that are well thought of. My wife, kids, and even my 75 year old Mom enjoys it. It's quite a surprise considering this is a base model. It's got a great engine, cool dual aircon, back up sensors, fluorescent indoor lights, airline-like seats, and even a fire extinguisher. Fit and finish though is not Japanese-level yet. But at least its got a better ride than our 2003 CRV. And pag-nasira OK lang kasi Korean-made naman.

Some Japanese companies also have low quality like our Hyonda CRV. Sira na agad aircon and rear door latch, had to replace brake light already in a span of less than 3 years. The suspension is now starting to squeek when I go over humps (how horrible when its suppose to be an off-road vehicle in the first place). No wonder Hyondas can never be taxis or AUVs. They won't last that long. Ang mahal pa ng parts.

Now I know better when choosing between a Hyundai and a Hyonda.

Hyonda?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Now I know better when choosing between a Hyundai and a Hyonda.

huh?

Me myself got a hyundai, but definitely not the hyonda.
    Last edited by nestordreamin'; May 26th, 2006 at 11:28 PM.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    jedimaster, i really agree wit u as to why honda doesnt allow there cars to become taxis, heheh. i guess it wont survive everyday driving. heheh, i guess its all in the name, while the actual fact its far from the prestige tag! com'on honda prove us wrong and allow ur cars to be taxis!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    up ko lang...6 months na kasi yung last post...

me nagka problema na ba sa Hyundai CRDi engines?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My Tucson CRDI has logged more than 20K KMs. since late November last year in philippine road and so called "dirty diesel" . So far, no problem pa naman. More than two years na nga pala yung ride ko .

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Hyundai CRDI engine against Toyota D-4D