New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Cows would usually win and claim the car as price.

You're lucky if you hit the smooth (not pointed) edge of the carabao:

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    kung sa saudi pa iyan camels naman ang kalaban. pero mas malaki ata ang camel kesa sa moose

i've heard horror stories of our kababayans hitting camels over there and total wreck daw talaga. pero minsan buhay pa din daw iyong mga camel

3. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    Interesting to say the least. I wonder how and if the results transposes to the new fortuner as well. Have fortuners owners in the family kasi.
    Fortuner? surprise! A policeman lost control of his car - YouTube

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    My opinion ang Fort would almost be same ang performance, though I might be wrong kase iba naman rear suspension set ip ng Fort and its bro Hilux. Sana me magtest din ng para sa mga PPV based SUV ganun na evasive maneuvering.
    Ive heard a lot of Early gen Fort na nagroll over sa middle east and South Africa, I dunno lang now with the new gen Fort.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Buti wala tayong moose dito. J/K. It's good to know that limitation as awareness goes a long way.

With our own local conditions, I notice the handling deficiency when driving at highway speeds then you simulate a emergency brake and steer maneuver, the rear really gets left behind and your street movements are hindered to keep the car balanced. Best is to really brake and scrub the speed before steering hard.

Notice the tire flex on the 18s in the picture. Hopefully using 20s with a lower profile and upgraded shocks can help.
    True. And magagaling naman tumawid mga kalabaw dito The risk of running over a small child is a lot bigger than any animals here. There is practically no wildlife in most areas. I'd just run slower if in populated areas.

I'd also widen the track as much as I can. Tires and rims that stick out more certainly helps.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    kung sa saudi pa iyan camels naman ang kalaban. pero mas malaki ata ang camel kesa sa moose

i've heard horror stories of our kababayans hitting camels over there and total wreck daw talaga. pero minsan buhay pa din daw iyong mga camel
    Sa Pinas, mga pasaway na motor ang iniilagan.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Ok based on what i understand on the Moose test is that the car is loaded with maximum passenger & cargo & you do an evasive maneuver.. which is highly unlikely you will do that mostly you will just hit the break * that speed so the Moose test is good for awareness but is not that big of a deal for me...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by i.am.aids View Post
    mas ok kung may video

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post
    mas ok kung may video

Thanks for the vid. the passenger was holding for dear life lol.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Thanks for the vid. the passenger was holding for dear life lol.

costly Hilux SR5 4.0L engine in land down under that's why buyers shift to other brand but mining co. prefers this Workmate variant--Toyota said, the making of UNBREAKABLE--this Moose Test is much concern for reckless drivers overtaking maneuver. see on the road guys--Rio Tinto WA

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast