New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009

So for context, watch TV’s whole video. You’ll see a Ram 1500, Nissan Navara, Volkswagen Amarok, Ford Ranger, Isuzu D-Max (Chevy Colorado) and Mitsubishi Triton go through the same test with significantly less dramatic results.
    The Toyota Hilux Still Has A Critical Weakness

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Interesting to say the least. I wonder how and if the results transposes to the new fortuner as well. Have fortuners owners in the family kasi.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Wow. Best just run over the moose then. Maybe a change to a wider set of rims and tires with more negative offset would help?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I thought the suspension was sporty stiff... truck stiff pala.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    Wow. Best just run over the moose then. Maybe a change to a wider set of rims and tires with more negative offset would help?
    I remember ganito turo sa us about hitting deers. Kun maalangan masyado better to hit it straight on kaso ang laki ng bigat at lako ng moose ata hehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    baka same suspension lang din..tsk delikado pala hilux..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    I remember ganito turo sa us about hitting deers. Kun maalangan masyado better to hit it straight on kaso ang laki ng bigat at lako ng moose ata hehe
    They're huge. I think this isn't even a full grown one.

Siguro travel slowly na lang in Moose country.

*Stock
    Noticed that too. The front end in particular. Wow.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Buti wala tayong moose dito. J/K. It's good to know that limitation as awareness goes a long way.

With our own local conditions, I notice the handling deficiency when driving at highway speeds then you simulate a emergency brake and steer maneuver, the rear really gets left behind and your street movements are hindered to keep the car balanced. Best is to really brake and scrub the speed before steering hard.

Notice the tire flex on the 18s in the picture. Hopefully using 20s with a lower profile and upgraded shocks can help.
    Last edited by vinj; October 28th, 2016 at 10:03 AM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    May mga wild pigs minsan and kadalan aso naman dito sa pinas, mayroon din bolang biglang tatalbog sa kalsada.
    Defensive driving and fatigue management on or before travel, maybe...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    It looks like it's really better to just brake hard and face the moose headon to avoid that quick maneuver.

The lower the vehicle, the higher the chance you'll have a moose on your side or face.

Googling carabao/cow vs car... Lol!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast