New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    talaga? if one changes spark plugs, one automatically has to fiddle with the timing too?

Doesn't make sense to me if you use the same/equivalent spark plug model (ngk and denso has an equivalency chart) but i'm a noob so feel free everyone to correct me.

on my last oil change, the casa used OWS iridium instead of the normal (and wayy cheaper) NGKs- so they adjusted the timing too?

I'd like to learn cause, i want to be able to change it myself someday.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    During my gasoline engine days, malimit mangyari sa kin ang ganyan everytime magalaw ang spark plugs, or mag-engine wash ako. pwdeng walang contact ang isang butas dahil nabasa, in your case, kinalas siya kaya posibleng hindi nabalik ng maayos as bro vlad mentioned.

Try mo isuksok mabuti ang mga high tension wires. From the ignition coil (kung meron pa yan hehe) to distributor to the spark plugs. kapag ganun pa rin, kalasin ulit ang spark plugs, check for the gap, you can compare them from the previous ones. Yan lang so far dahil di naman ginalaw ang setting/timing eh.

IMO dapat maging pino ang takbo nyan because of new oil and spark plugs.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hi guys! Thank you so much for all your advice and suggestions. A lady driver like me benefits so much from this site and its forums. Anyway, yesterday I told my husband about your advice regarding the spark plug so we decided to buy a new set. We were able to get original NGK spark plugs. Just a while ago, my husband installed the new spark plugs and he called me to say na ok na daw. Nawala na daw yung nginig. So it's really the spark plugs. What he did was to check on the NGK spark plugs we first bought and noticed that they are different from the new ones. He then realized that they are fake. He went back to the store where we bought it and returned them. Buti na lang naitago namin yung receipt. The owner immediately refunded daw our payment when my husband told them that the spark plugs are defective and fake. Imagine pareho ng price yung original and fake. Thank you for all those who took time to respond to my problem. Btw, the auto supply store where we bought the fake NGK spark plugs is the Grantoza Auto Supply store in Maybunga along C. Raymundo Ave (beside Caltex) in Pasig.
    Thanks to tsikot.com and to all its responsive and concerned members.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Too many fake NGK's plugs, it causes misfire on the ignition.

pati ba naman plugs pinipirata na rin Mahal kasi ang NGK kaya ito ang napili ng mga pirata.

I only buy plugs sa Casa and they are cheaper compared to Auto Supplies, plus you can be sure they are original.

Example: Denso K20HR-U11 is P70 in Toyota, whereas it is P85 in auto supply.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Also check if your suking shop is a reputable and recommended dealer.

Grabe pati pala plugs napepeke pala :o

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Also check if your suking shop is a reputable and recommended dealer.

Grabe pati pala plugs napepeke pala :o

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    pano madidistinguish ang fake sa orig?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    hi guys, new member of tsikot here. been reading threads lang muna for the past couple of days. i have learned soooo much! astig tlga dito.

anyways, going back on topic, can anyone comment on Bosch spark plugs (single or four-point), kung ok din sila for my corolla '90 model?

TIA

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    [SIZE=3]Single point is better. There would be no advantage in using the other one.[/SIZE]

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Mechanic View Post
    [SIZE=3]Single point is better. There would be no advantage in using the other one.[/SIZE]
    i agree. i think napagusapan na rin sa ibang threads to. but in short, the spark in a 4-point plug would just look for the shortest one and not necessarily use all 4. so parang 1 din lang gamit nya at twice the price. stick with stock or its platinum equivalents.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast