New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hi! My husband performed a regular change oil routine sa Toyota Revo GL (1999 model) namin plus changing of spark plugs. Sya palagi ang gumagawa non. We just buy oil, oil filter and spark plugs. Prior to changing oil, we had no problems with our Revo. We never encounter problems before kapag nagche-change oil except yesterday. Nung ginamit na namin yung car, nanginginig sya and hirap mag-accelerate. Pumunta kami sa megamall and on our way up to the covered parking, we had to turn off the aircon dahil nanginginig sya and parang hirap umakyat. What would have caused it? What do we need to check? How 'bout the spark plugs? I hope you can give us some insights. If ever pupunta ako sa mechanic, do you know shops within pasig na mapagkakatiwalaan and affordable? I will appreciate your responses. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    it's not exactly in pasig but you can bring it to speedyfix. its located along shaw blvd, near the liberty mall if i'm not mistaken. you can pm the owner of the shop here because he's a regular fixture of this site. search niyo na lang dito for the details

hth

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    [SIZE=3]Hi! My husband performed a regular change oil routine sa Toyota Revo GL (1999 model) namin plus changing of spark plugs. Sya palagi ang gumagawa non. We just buy oil, oil filter and spark plugs. Prior to changing oil, we had no problems with our Revo. We never encounter problems before kapag nagche-change oil except yesterday. Nung ginamit na namin yung car, nanginginig sya and hirap mag-accelerate. Pumunta kami sa megamall and on our way up to the covered parking, we had to turn off the aircon dahil nanginginig sya and parang hirap umakyat. What would have caused it? What do we need to check? How 'bout the spark plugs? I hope you can give us some insights. If ever pupunta ako sa mechanic, do you know shops within pasig na mapagkakatiwalaan and affordable? I will appreciate your responses. Thanks.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Did you replaced your spark plugs? If yes, you have to conduct timing adjustment. That is the reason why your engine vibrates and no acceleration. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I suggest going to a Petron service station in C5, northbound near the Gasul plant.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I hope I gave you a sound advice. Thanks.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]My email is practicalmechanic*gmail.com[/SIZE]

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    It'S all about the spark plugs.

Re check your spark plugs for correct gap, one or two may have been dropped while still in box and the gap has been narrowed.

Check also if you have the correct part no of the plugs, if NGK be wary as there are some fake NGK.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tingin ko:

a) nung pinalitan yung spark plugs, mayroong isang HT wire dun na hindi naibalik ng maayos.
    b) needs timing adjustment because of the change in spark plugs.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i suspect its the spark plugs too. you can try the following:

1. check if the sparkplugs were seated/installed properly
    2. check if the sparkplug/hi-tension wires were seated/installed properly
    3. check if the sparkplugs are of the correct model no. and are gapped properly (usually if it's the OEM brand and model there's no need to re-gap)

yun lang naman so far naisip ko. unless hindi nabalik ng maayos ang oil filter and drain plug e baka naubusan ka na pala ng langis. pero since napalitan din air filter nyo, try to check kung maayos pagka install. baka hindi pala e nadumihan agad yung MAF sensor or injectors nyo.

dagdag ko pa, nagpa engine wash ba kayo after? baka may loose wire at napasukan yung sparkplug socket nyo.

good luck!
    Last edited by coiter; August 19th, 2008 at 10:43 AM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I'd agree that chances are it's the high tension wires not properly connected, or already damaged. Next possible, though I would expect a slim chance of this, would be that at least one of the newly replaced spark plugs is defective.

Btw, welcome to tsikot, red 0716!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    There were some original (not fake) NGK plugs that has factory defects. Ito ba ang gamit mo?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks guys for all your replies. I'm not sure of the brand of the spark plug we used but i'll have it checked. I hope spark plugs lang. It seems that common yung feedbacks.

Nag-commute tuloy ako kanina kasi natakot ako na baka tumirik ako.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    That's definitely a symptom of an ignition misfire that could be caused by spark not getting to your spark plugs properly. Once you're husband rechecked the part numbers that were installed to make positively sure they're the right ones for your Revo, then recheck the firing order and that the right plug wire goes to each spark plug. Make sure each plug wire connector snaps on well to each end of the plug wire. Make sure the plug wires are routed in the original way across the engine so that you don't get the wires hitting hot engine parts and having the spark jump over to ground.

He can raise the hood on a real dark night and see if any sparks are jumping to ground as someone step the accelerator pedal. Sometimes the coil pack tower contacts get build-ups of oxidation (white stuff on the aluminum contacts) that has to be cleaned with a small wire brush inserted down into the contact.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast