New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Good day po mga sir! I noticed po a few sections near the batt ay may rust. I read that if the batt fluid spilled it can cause corrosion so I assume it's bec. of that. I already inquired sa aking agent if it will be covered by the warranty but up to now he hasn't responded yet.

I will just post these pics since I don't have a clue how to describe the problem:

So far I am not encountering any problem when starting Vanzie. As to whether may nararamdaman akong kakaiba with Vanzie lately, I would not have a clue kung ano ba yung normal or abnormal..

I brought Vanzie to the casa the S.A. quoted 1k to 2k daw po damage. Ok po ba yung amount or over?

Ano po ba dapat kong sabihin, ipa-check at gawin? esp. when I talk to the S.A.

Is it worth na magpa fullrust proof ako at this point (Vanzie was bought last April 2007). Sabi dun sa isang casa hindi naman daw covered ito ng full rust proof....sabi dun sa isang pinuntahan ko covered daw.....

Help po!

:thankyou:
    Jane

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Wow!... that is really caused by battery acid spill. I think the exposed metal could easily be painted over by a good quality paint that will also take care of the rust. Be careful about those wires too!

1k or 2k I think is too much!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I think that is caused by battery acid. Sorry. Di di magagawa, puwedeng lumala lalo.

As a 2nd option na ipagawa sa casa, (di ko lang alam kung puwedeng maka void ng warranty) ay linisin mo ang affected area ng mabuti, patuyuin, then gamitan ng rust converter. Pag natuyo ang rust converter, konting linis lang then puwede ng pinturahan ulit.

DIY ka ba pag nagdadagdag ng battery fluid?

I better check mine tonight. From the pics kasi parang car ko rin. Pero mas malinis any iyo.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Is that the stock battery? A non-maintenance free type? Tendency talagang mag spill yan lalo’t sobra sa tubig.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    Is that the stock battery? A non-maintenance free type? Tendency talagang mag spill yan lalo’t sobra sa tubig.
    Stock battery. Maintenance needed type.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Minor lang yan but you must do something about it asap, otherwise lalala.
    If DIY; lihahin mo then clean it with water and soap patuyuin, apply rust converter like turko then dry, apply primer and dry it apply primer again then dry it. Apply paint (same color with the surface, papatimpla ka) let it dry then repeat again.

Or bring it to paint shop then bahala na sila. Below 1k lang dapat yan.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    IMO Toyota should use the maintenance free type naman…anyways if it’s still covered, they should fix / repaint it free of charge. Delikado ang acid even sa mga wirings.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Ang J kasi, talagang low cost version ng Avanza, kaya mantenance needed ang lead acid battery.

Di ko lang alam kung anong type ang ginamit sa G.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^actually pati iyong altis ng kumare ko maintenance needed type ang stock battery niya. and to think na hindi entry level trim ang kinuha nila

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    if the casa warranty won't cover it, just buy the 3m rust avenger or turko(local version) remove the loose rust and paint, apply the rust converter around to coats, then let it dry, then buy epoxy primer apply either spray or brush, then final layer would be the body color. if you just paint over the rusted part, it will still rust through.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Help!!! Rust under the hood