New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Sgt. and Sir Din,

Sirs, I'm in the mood of recalling what our unit has gone through.

July 7; July 17-19; August 2; August 29-30. These are the major dates for our unit, total of four complaints, one problem. Add to these yung 5000 km PMS last June to get rid of the black smoke (as suggested ng SA kahit 'di pa due yung unit). And add to these yung June 24 ECU re-programming and purging and muffler cleaning.

All in all: five solutions fell short to remedy one problem. Subject to observation yung ginawa two days ago. I can sense a total of six very soon.

Still, I don't blame anyone.

Sir Aga Cruz and meldy12,

You have just said two very significant points: wait and expect. Thank you.

Regards to all.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Hi mga pips! I'm from cebu and I bought my BRAND NEW Innova V D4-D just this may and I had the same problem of black smoke. So 3months plus pa lang ung unit ko. I really thought that ako lang pinaka walang swerte. Dami pala tayo with the same problem. Anyways, I already complained about that to my Sales agent ng Toyota before 1,000km ung mileage ko and they said that baka may carbon build up lang daw. So after that pag less than 2,000km binalik ko ung innova sa casa and complain ko talaga kase parang low power talaga ung innova ko and less than 2000rpm lang grabe na ung black smoke. I had the innova for emmission test and it FAILED big time!! So they advice for TURBO ASSEMBLY part replacement. That time I already demanded for unit replacement and they insist on warranty that they are only to replace the diffective parts and not the whole unit. So I agree to it nalang just to avoid further hassle. order nila ung TURBO assembly sa TMP and i've waited for a week or so. After the TURBO assembly replacement to a new one, the problem of black smoke still occurs so i brought it back to the casa a week later and they were investigating the problem for two days (two days for me to commute+another two days when the turbo was replaced) but without really finding the problem. They had no damn idea of what was wrong with it. They said that it might have some carbon deposits left from the previous problem and had the exhaust cleaned. Cleaned or not, the problem of black smoke is still there. I had the emmission tested again and still FAILED way down! The reading on the emmission test is at 3.7 and 3.4 respectively. Passing rate is at 2.5! At least I have those emmission test certificate and the service report to show to my lawyer. I already filed for complaint and the DEMAND LETTER will be on the way. Cash refund plus damages nalang because I'm really disappointed with Toyota and their service. Hope it will be a good news for me in the coming days. BTW, wala bang problema ung VVT-i nila?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    tsk tsk tsk anu ba yan ?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I think if all owners with same problem (black smoke) shall band together and file a suit against TMP will be more stronger than individually IMO...

WBR,

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chilun View Post
    ...Hope it will be a good news for me in the coming days. BTW, wala bang problema ung VVT-i nila?
    Sorry to hear of your predicament bro. Sana maayos nila ride mo. BTW mine is VVTi 3years na, no probs.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Sirs, thanks for the responses.

Grabe! I am really disappointed with the way TMP is handling this kind of case.

E iniimbestigahan din yung fuel injectors ng unit namin at yung supply pump naman ni Sgt. Pepper -- kapag walang naiharap sa amin na matinong findings this weekend, might as well DEMAND for a refund PLUS compensations para sa ABALA!

Lastly, our unit should undergo emission testing ASAP.

Ggggggrrrrrrrr...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chilun View Post
    Hi mga pips! I'm from cebu and I bought my BRAND NEW Innova V D4-D just this may and I had the same problem of black smoke. So 3months plus pa lang ung unit ko. I really thought that ako lang pinaka walang swerte. Dami pala tayo with the same problem. Anyways, I already complained about that to my Sales agent ng Toyota before 1,000km ung mileage ko and they said that baka may carbon build up lang daw. So after that pag less than 2,000km binalik ko ung innova sa casa and complain ko talaga kase parang low power talaga ung innova ko and less than 2000rpm lang grabe na ung black smoke. I had the innova for emmission test and it FAILED big time!! So they advice for TURBO ASSEMBLY part replacement. That time I already demanded for unit replacement and they insist on warranty that they are only to replace the diffective parts and not the whole unit. So I agree to it nalang just to avoid further hassle. order nila ung TURBO assembly sa TMP and i've waited for a week or so. After the TURBO assembly replacement to a new one, the problem of black smoke still occurs so i brought it back to the casa a week later and they were investigating the problem for two days (two days for me to commute+another two days when the turbo was replaced) but without really finding the problem. They had no damn idea of what was wrong with it. They said that it might have some carbon deposits left from the previous problem and had the exhaust cleaned. Cleaned or not, the problem of black smoke is still there. I had the emmission tested again and still FAILED way down! The reading on the emmission test is at 3.7 and 3.4 respectively. Passing rate is at 2.5! At least I have those emmission test certificate and the service report to show to my lawyer. I already filed for complaint and the DEMAND LETTER will be on the way. Cash refund plus damages nalang because I'm really disappointed with Toyota and their service. Hope it will be a good news for me in the coming days. BTW, wala bang problema ung VVT-i nila?
    Hi Chinlun,

We all have the predicament and i think my SA was pertaining to your unit when i ask them if may nag palit na ng turbo assembly. They told me that a dealer from the province had their turbo assembly replaced... although when i asked them if anung feedback e wala naman silng nasabi... I got my unit two days ago and they replaced the turbo assembly which was the last part to be replaced.... replaced EGR, Injectors already. Ang hindi nalang napapalitan is the supply pump which normally is replaced if may hard starting or stalling na hindi naman na-experience sa innova ko. I am still observing our unit and parang may konting usok padin in the morning.... i tried to rev it last night and so far wala pa naman usok. They showed me the turbo assembly and pinakita nila na there is a little oil around the shaft which according to them is the cause of the black smoke. They took pictures and will send the assembly to TMP. Although for me its still to early to tell. Normally black smoke comes out kapag naka- 60 km takbo nako. So for me waiting nalang ito. I also got an info form my SA that mayruon pinalitan na turbo duon din sa dealer ko and they replaced it just last monday sept 1. So far wala rin feedback.

i'll just have to wait for the result of sgt and dedeypi's parts that was brought by the engrs. Sana malaman na nila yung problem.

i also inquired if it was the Catalytic converter that is the problem. May nag sabi that nag iba daw sila ng design that might have cause the problem. At first it was funny coz toyota peolple was not consistent and seems to be not sure if may catalytic converter and diesel engine, I showed them the manual at mayruon ngang converter aside form the EGR. Baka nga yun rin ang problem

kapag mausok padin yung unit ko i will make a demand letter for the replacement of our unit. Sobra na ito... they dont even have a clue how to solve the problem. I hope they wont blame it with the kind of fuel we have here. Ill aslo have my unit subject to emission testing as proof also...

Sgt and dedeypi whats your stand?

Din

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Sir Din,

My stand, Sir? Definitely I'm for our peace of mind - kung umusok pa ulit, palitan na nila

Basta Sir Din, pag walang naipakita sa amin this weekend, babalitaan ko po kayo rito if we're going to push a case (not a court case) for replacement. I patronize Toyota, but I'm disappointed at this point.

Regards.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Just file a case. Gamitin nyo ang media. Get a refund (and hopefully none of you is that bloody stupid to actually buy another unit of this).

You don't deserve all these crappy products (or you do, it depends).

Good luck to everyone.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dedeypi View Post
    Sir Din,

My stand, Sir? Definitely I'm for our peace of mind - kung umusok pa ulit, palitan na nila

Basta Sir Din, pag walang naipakita sa amin this weekend, babalitaan ko po kayo rito if we're going to push a case (not a court case) for replacement. I patronize Toyota, but I'm disappointed at this point.

Regards.
    Ok lets do that... basta pag umusok unit ko ulit i'll kol you. I brought our innova this morning so i may be able to test drive it a little. My wife is using it all the time becuase it is an automatic... so far naman walang usok around 2000 rpm not like before pero havent tried to rev it up around 3-4000 rpm. I'll try and see later....

Balitaan mo ko tom if there's any feedback from toyota ok...

Thanks!

Din

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
HELP!!! My innova D4D Black smoke- pls Help!!!