New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Good day to all you innova users...

I will appreciate any help and suggestions right now for i am very desperate to have all possible answers. i know that a lot of you innova owners are very happy with your ride and who would not be... before we got our innova, we saw that my sister in law was very happy on the performance with their innova G diesel 2005. Me and my wife really gave it a lot of thought if we should get an innova or a Carens but because we saw that a lot of people are buying an innova so we decided to get one. at first we were so happy but after just 700km ODO meter reading then we saw Black smoke....

yun na ang start ng problem. We bought a brand new car for the reason that ayaw namin ng problems speciallly since we do have 2 daughters and we wanted a ride that we don't have to worry. but ever since the smoke came out... no exaggeration but Talo pa namen ang bus sa edsa!!!! kung matiyempuhan lang kami sa makati na nanghuhuli ng mga deisel e i'm am pretty sure e HULI kami.... to think that we bought our innova just last april 2008.

After our 1st 1000km check up here are the list of what they did with our innova:

1. 1000km check up- the usual check up and change oil but they had to rev the engine as per factory SOP to remove carbon deposits

2. 1375km- we went back to show that there is still black smoke... what they did is rev the engine and re-programm the ECU and told me to observe nalang daw coz wala naman lumalabas na problems sa computer nila

3. 1680km- went back again and according to casa that they will replaced the fuel injectors and ECU as per recommendation of TMP. They did replaced evrything but....

4. At present (aug 25,2008) 1800km ODO meter reading- ganun padin at mausok padin i told them that mausok padin and i was advice that baka daw and problem is sa turbo system na ng oto....

I can see that my service advisor and now service manager is doing everything by the book to solve my innova problems. I am just hoping that ma-solve nila in gods time....

If anybody reads this, please let me know if you have friends na naayos yung usok ng innova nila and i am more than willing to hear what they did.

i believe that this maybe an isoloted case as yun din and sinasabi ng casa.

I will appreciate any suggestions..

Thanks in advance!

Din

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    hi,

as for my opinion its better to get a new innova replacement under your warranty. it is very uncomfortable to drive when you purchased a new car and then suddenly you have a problem in early stage.

it is not your fault, probably its a manufacturer defects which is 1 in a million as they maybe checked the engine by batch and randomly.

hope this will help...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    lemon tree nanaman??? me warranty pa yan pero sori for that bro...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    sorry double post

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Saang dealer ba yan?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Yours is a sad story. Unbelievable. You're in a position where you can (from a legal standpoint) demand a complete replacement for your unit, if the situation proves that there is indeed an inherent factory defect with the engine. I am no lawyer, but you have the right to consumer rights' protection. By contract, toyota warrants its products. I suggest that, if all else fails (with all the remedies of the casa on your engine), that you take up the service of a legal counsel and take appropriate legal action. Toyota will not risk a blown-up media hype of their products' defects thru a legal battle. They're too smart for that. You can even demand for compensation para sa mga naging abala sa iyo. You don't deserve anything that has happened. Good luck to you and please do keep us posted.by the way, i just got an innova E diesel matic july 2007 model last week. it's a year-old and has run 15t kms so far. Paid P760k for it and now i'm getting nervous. hehehe. Seriously thou, it's good there's still 2years warranty for me. So far, no problem at all with my unit. Take care.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    mga bro thanks sa mga advice and for the messages. We bought the unit here samay Toyota ortigas pero duon rin nabile ng sister in law ko yung sakanya and so far wala naman problem. Siguro nga na-bingo lang kami. When i read the other post of some of our fellow innova users e mayroon din the same yung problems such as mine although after emailing them, they don't reply. Maybe naayos na yung unit nila or pinabayaan nalang nila.

As much as i would like them to replace the unit, i believe that only BMW replaces their cars once found to be deffective. Not unless may recall pero alam ko they will try to fix everything that is why may 3 year warranty period sila. Sobrang abala lang at hustle lang talaga. The only request lang is to give us a service unit muna if tatagal sa kanila yung innova ko coz alam ko pagaaralan nila ng maige yan.

To other fellow innova diesel users baka naman may kilala kayo the same ang symptoms nung innova nila at na-repair naman. I hope you can give me some alternative.

As of now i already told my service manager na mausok padin after palitan ng fuel injector at EGR last week.I asked them if immediately ba mawawala yung usok? or do we need to rev the engine again to remove excess carbon prior to replacement of parts. Do i need to break in the car again and run it around 150kph just to remove carbon deposits. When we got our unit, the next day we went to Dau and tagaytay just to beak in our innova. I only run it at 120kph max muna. Although yung innova ng sister in law ko when we use it out of town e we usually run in at a speed of 150-165kph. I don't really know now if it is the break in period or lemon lang talaga.

Anyway if there are any feedback or suggestions lalo na sa mga nasa innova club.... most likely madami kayong alam sa innova.

Thanks again!

Din

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mumsky View Post
    Yours is a sad story. Unbelievable. You're in a position where you can (from a legal standpoint) demand a complete replacement for your unit, if the situation proves that there is indeed an inherent factory defect with the engine. I am no lawyer, but you have the right to consumer rights' protection. By contract, toyota warrants its products. I suggest that, if all else fails (with all the remedies of the casa on your engine), that you take up the service of a legal counsel and take appropriate legal action. Toyota will not risk a blown-up media hype of their products' defects thru a legal battle. They're too smart for that. You can even demand for compensation para sa mga naging abala sa iyo. You don't deserve anything that has happened. Good luck to you and please do keep us posted.by the way, i just got an innova E diesel matic july 2007 model last week. it's a year-old and has run 15t kms so far. Paid P760k for it and now i'm getting nervous. hehehe. Seriously thou, it's good there's still 2years warranty for me. So far, no problem at all with my unit. Take care.

Mumsky thanks for your message. For your advice i will definitely try my best to have the unit/ engine replace if possible. Mahirap lang talaga at hustle lang tapos brand new pa. Sad pa nito is we made a 10,000 downpayment to a 2nd hand innova G 2006 model and decided to forfeit the money and get a new and model..... tapos eto pa at mas proprobelamhin pa namen mag asawa.

Well i know naman na most likely tinamaan lang kami at nakuha namen e lemon. Good luck sa ride mo and hope this wont be a problem sainyo.

I'll just keep you posted.... right now i'll be going out and i'll look for a place were i can rev the engine 20x (as advice) to remove deposits. sana nga excess deposits lang yun. Haaaayyyyy sayang sa diesel!!!! i'll observe it again after.....

Ingat mga brod!

Din

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sorry about your predicament this is truly uncalled for indeed.

Well, I have my doubts on the dealers approach to the problem especially that they think that the turbo system might be causing the excessive smoke. What the heck is that?

Funny that they also didn't ask you if you switched gas stations for your refill over time because some stations vary in terms of cleanliness of their stocked fuel. Dirty diesel can certainly cause excessive smoke.

Now since they have been doing everything by the book I'm beginning to think that it is the engine itself that is the main problem and not just a component of it. We know that the sulfur content in diesel fuel sold here is high but based on your description, this is too much.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    okay. good luck again dindy and keep us posted also sa main thread nating mga innova owners. take care to all.

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
HELP!!! My innova D4D Black smoke- pls Help!!!