New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Hi Guys,

I have a 2004 1.5G A/T Vios. Its mileage is around 91K already; could you guys inform me as to what parts I should replace and have checked? I previously considered buying a Wigo but then realized that maintaining this would be the better alternative. If you could help me with improving fuel consumption, it would also be greatly appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Paolo Real View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have a 2004 1.5G A/T Vios. Its mileage is around 91K already; could you guys inform me as to what parts I should replace and have checked? I previously considered buying a Wigo but then realized that maintaining this would be the better alternative. If you could help me with improving fuel consumption, it would also be greatly appreciated.
    i believe the casa has a schedule of parts checking, adjusting, and/or replacement. the information is free for the asking.
    you can also consult the owner's manual. they print maintenance schedules in there.
    and except for timing belts and oil, i'm not a very good example of preventive maintenance.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    + 1 on consulting the owner's manual, most are really stated there. It's really following the proper PMS schedule (keeping your car in top condition) and then some (i.e. checking tyre pressure regularly, planning trips). Matipid na ang Vios 1.5L right? If you want something more efficient then you have to get a newer mini car i'd guess.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ... If you could help me with improving fuel consumption, ......
    Fuel consumptiopn is not a standard thing, hence my question to you is "how do you drive?"

I do 12 kms per litre on a 2010 Vios 1.3 AT, mixed city/highway (I live in Cavite), let the tranny shift on its own, and never go past 2.5K in rpm, except when needed.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    .... and never go past 2.5K in rpm, except when needed.
    Like Italian tuneups along CAVITEX?

In my case naman my 1.3AT averages almost 9kpl on 100% Makati rush hour traffic. I birit when I can though.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

And its good practice to let the ole lady rip it on the highway for awhile. If just to loosen all that carbon gunk inside the engine.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Hi Guys,

Check your shocks and aux fan at this time and various belts. CV joints, ball joints, tie rod and some bushings among others.

On the fuel consumption side, for sure, replacing the fuel/air filter, plus oil and filter change would help. Engine decarbonizing too. Brand new spark plugs would improve your FC as well. I suggest have your ATF checked and if it needs replacing, do the dialysis type ATF change. It's so much better. Change your tires to a 'low-rolling resistance' type. Bridgestone Ecopia, Goodyear Assurance (? i think), Kumho Solus KH17 are good low rolling resistance tires. Like you, I'd rather drive an older tip-top cond Vios 1.5L than a brand new Wigo.