New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk
    i read today Inquirer Cocktales column today. Apparently toyota's planning to bring the Echo/Yaris here next year, to compete kuno with the cheaper korean minis.

personally, i don't know how toyota's gonna price this baby; the standard vios is already at a relatively low 550k; not much incentive to get the yaris unless they price it in the mid-400k range imho -- which i think is quite impossible, what with the toyota badge's price premium
    great. Probably it will be imported CBU from Thailand.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk
    i read today Inquirer Cocktales column today. Apparently toyota's planning to bring the Echo/Yaris here next year, to compete kuno with the cheaper korean minis.

personally, i don't know how toyota's gonna price this baby; the standard vios is already at a relatively low 550k; not much incentive to get the yaris unless they price it in the mid-400k range imho -- which i think is quite impossible, what with the toyota badge's price premium

mid-400k range?
    wow!
    anyone want to buy a slightly used
    kia picanto? hehehe.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    uy, wag nyo ako i misquote ha B) pure speculation lang ung 400k pricetag; nasabi ko lang un 'coz getz, picanto, etc are at that range

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Toyota should already bring the new Echo to the US. I read somewhere that the Jazz will also make its way there as the Fit, becoming the cheapest Honda for sale there.

The Vios as an Echo sedan? Though it has the same engine and dashboard concept as the Echo, it doesn't show any obvious resemblance on the outside. And yes, it should be too tight for Americans.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by squala
    Toyota should already bring the new Echo to the US. I read somewhere that the Jazz will also make its way there as the Fit, becoming the cheapest Honda for sale there.

The Vios as an Echo sedan? Though it has the same engine and dashboard concept as the Echo, it doesn't show any obvious resemblance on the outside. And yes, it should be too tight for Americans.
    I got my C! March issue already and there's an article saying that the Yaris hatchback and the sedan has been introduced in the US market to battle the Fit hatch and Versa hatch

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by carlocaraddict
    I got my C! March issue already and there's an article saying that the Yaris hatchback and the sedan has been introduced in the US market to battle the Fit hatch and Versa hatch
    AggghhH!!!! Where!?! Where?!? I need my C! fix!!!!!

I don't know if the Yaris is up to competing with the Fit/Jazz. On my other board, we were discussing why the Echo/Yaris was such a flop in the US (poor space... so-so looks... really cheap ride), and the introduction of the Fit.

Those who had gone to the Detroit motorshow to see the Fit were very very very impressed by the Fit's size and space. They were floored by the value for money it represented.

If the Fit takes off in the US, that bodes well for the Jazz aftermarket...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by squala
    .... And yes, it should be too tight for Americans.
    but remember, there are millions of asian-americans....

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Mid 400 range?I don't think so baka nasa 580K ang starting price nya..

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    The smaller compact, the Toyota Aygo... could probably fill the P400k bill.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by albert_b

hanep sa interior!
    nice!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
goodbye ECHO, hello yaris