New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Sometimes the gas pedal of my corolla altis get stuck so I need to press harder to depress the pedal. I think the gas pedal is worn out so I wanted it to be checked and fixed. I would like to ask your advice whether it's best to bring my car to Toyota casa or any other autoshop can handle it?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Normally if that happens, the linkage needs lubrication or the cable needs replacing.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Toyota + Stuck Accelerator Pedal. Isn't this the subject of the recent massive Toyota recall?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ Yeah. My sentiments exactly. Pero what model year of the altis kaya yung kay TS ?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Mine is 2003 so not sure if related to the "Recall" thread. Actually I asked the question there but didn't get a response.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Normally if that happens, the linkage needs lubrication or the cable needs replacing.
    Thanks ghosthunter. Is this something that can be entrusted to any auto technician? How about the part, is it okay to use replacement or should I go for the original?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ 2003 pala. Di pa kasama yan.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by samcoy View Post
    Thanks ghosthunter. Is this something that can be entrusted to any auto technician? How about the part, is it okay to use replacement or should I go for the original?
    Any competent auto tech will be able to do this. Depending on the cause of the problem, but I would prefer to get original part on this if possible.

You might want to check why the pedal gets stuck... like rust or dirt found in the linkage/cable would mean its not normal a wear & tear issue.

Possible recent flooding could have washed away grease or lubricating oil or deposited mud/dirt into the linkage/cable.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    its a mechanical defect that can be remedied.

goto:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Toyota_vehicle_recall

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Any competent auto tech will be able to do this. Depending on the cause of the problem, but I would prefer to get original part on this if possible.

You might want to check why the pedal gets stuck... like rust or dirt found in the linkage/cable would mean its not normal a wear & tear issue.

Possible recent flooding could have washed away grease or lubricating oil or deposited mud/dirt into the linkage/cable.
    Thanks again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Gas pedal sometimes get stuck