New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    kamusta ba ang ride ng fortuner? I hear its not that good? too wave-y or bumpy daw?
    Last edited by maop99; March 16th, 2006 at 01:08 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Sorry na double post ko hehe
    Last edited by maop99; March 16th, 2006 at 01:09 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    still hoping magkaroon ng 2.5D manual tranny same with innova.
    Last edited by XTO; March 16th, 2006 at 01:23 PM.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    And to add.....

If its your turn in the supposed "line", you must cough up the entire SRP amount within the day otherwise it would go to other people. In another dealer, they dont respect the "line" since they would offer the Fortuner to you immediately as long as you get the leather seats and insurance and whoever comes up with the payment first thing in the morning.

I never realized that Toyota dealers are so hungry for hard cash that they force you to pay upfront without giving you the chance to fix the money for at least a few days or so and inspect the vehicle firsthand, before closing the deal. Tsk tsk tsk...

And one the dealers mentioned must have such a bad rap that the sales agent who contacted me doesnt even want to divulge what dealer they are from. Sheesh, I wouldnt want to do business with people are not upfront even at this early stage of the deal process.
    Last edited by number001; March 16th, 2006 at 06:34 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    My Mom waited about 5 months for her Fortuner, and that's from Toyota Dagupan na ha. She knew the owner (or maybe the admin? I'm not sure) of the dealership so medyo mabilis na dumating. Ang daming nakapila dun super! She was #100+, nauna pa siya sa ibang kakilala namin na #60+. Dumating Dec 2005.

She wanted a 4x4 diesel in that orange-y color, pero 4x2 lang 'yung available so kinuha na niya kasi ayaw na niya maghintay. It was with compulsary 60k leather KelSeats. If you ask me, I'm satisfied naman with the leather seats. It makes the car smell good, for all it's worth. Harhar.

Is it worth the wait? I think so. My Mom looks cute driving it. Seriously, I really like the body frame. Not sure about the engine but I'm no expert.

Question: May dual side airbags ba ang F? Bakit hindi nag-inflate nung binangga kami sa may passenger side door ng isang motorcycle while crossing an intersection? Malakas 'yung impact. Nacrumple nga yung door eh. Mom's clueless kasi about the car. She's like that.
    Last edited by Ebony; March 16th, 2006 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Question added

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebony
    My Mom waited about 5 months for her Fortuner, and that's from Toyota Dagupan na ha. She knew the owner (or maybe the admin? I'm not sure) of the dealership so medyo mabilis na dumating. Ang daming nakapila dun super! She was #100+, nauna pa siya sa ibang kakilala namin na #60+. Dumating Dec 2005.

She wanted a 4x4 diesel in that orange-y color, pero 4x2 lang 'yung available so kinuha na niya kasi ayaw na niya maghintay. It was with compulsary 60k leather KelSeats. If you ask me, I'm satisfied naman with the leather seats. It makes the car smell good, for all it's worth. Harhar.

Is it worth the wait? I think so. My Mom looks cute driving it. Seriously, I really like the body frame. Not sure about the engine but I'm no expert.

Question: May dual side airbags ba ang F? Bakit hindi nag-inflate nung binangga kami sa may passenger side door ng isang motorcycle while crossing an intersection? Malakas 'yung impact. Nacrumple nga yung door eh. Mom's clueless kasi about the car. She's like that.
    The airbag will only inflate if the collision involves frontal collisions. Since you got hit in the side, it will/did not inflate. Yes, the Fortuner does have dual front airbags (driver and pass.)

How's your Fortuner's door? I presume even the running boards (step board) got affected also.

Just to add...

Baliktad pala tayo....I want a 4x2 gas to save on acquisition costs but all Toyota is offering are those diesels. The gas will take forever to own.
    Last edited by number001; March 16th, 2006 at 09:21 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by xto
    still hoping magkaroon ng 2.5D manual tranny same with innova.
    actually... MT equipped IMV vehicles have a lower torque output compared to their AT counterparts.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    The airbag will only inflate if the collision involves frontal collisions. Since you got hit in the side, it will/did not inflate. Yes, the Fortuner does have dual front airbags (driver and pass.)

How's your Fortuner's door? I presume even the running boards (step board) got affected also.

Just to add...

Baliktad pala tayo....I want a 4x2 gas to save on acquisition costs but all Toyota is offering are those diesels. The gas will take forever to own.
    That was a "duh" moment. A Fortuner with no airbags? What was I thinking? Hehe.

Yup, nakuha pati running boards and may nagcrack na portion ng rear window. May konting scratches din sa body from the motorcycle. The entire passenger door had to be replaced, pati 'yung running boards (pero hindi pa dumarating 'yung replacement ng boards). Kahit ang lakas nung impact, hindi man lang nagshake 'yung car. Really! Amazed nga kami ng Mama ko eh. All we heard was the sound of the mc crashing into the car. Hay, thank goodness tumama 'yung head nung mcyclist sa bar in between the windows. Muntik na sa glass! I was the one in the passenger seat; muntik pa ako madamay sa irresponsibility nung mcyclist - lasing kasi siya. Grrrrr. Some people! Don't worry about the scumbag, he survived. Buti under comprehensive insurance 'yung car. A little over a week pa lang kasi 'yung Fortuner niya nun. Hahaha! Poor Mom.

Oh okay, number001 . I also know somebody that got a Fortuner real fast because kinuha niya 'yung limited edition. Yepyep, lots of opportunists in this world. Too bad we're all suckers. Just kidding!

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebony
    That was a "duh" moment. A Fortuner with no airbags? What was I thinking? Hehe.

Yup, nakuha pati running boards and may nagcrack na portion ng rear window. May konting scratches din sa body from the motorcycle. The entire passenger door had to be replaced, pati 'yung running boards (pero hindi pa dumarating 'yung replacement ng boards). Kahit ang lakas nung impact, hindi man lang nagshake 'yung car. Really! Amazed nga kami ng Mama ko eh. All we heard was the sound of the mc crashing into the car. Hay, thank goodness tumama 'yung head nung mcyclist sa bar in between the windows. Muntik na sa glass! I was the one in the passenger seat; muntik pa ako madamay sa irresponsibility nung mcyclist - lasing kasi siya. Grrrrr. Some people! Don't worry about the scumbag, he survived. Buti under comprehensive insurance 'yung car. A little over a week pa lang kasi 'yung Fortuner niya nun. Hahaha! Poor Mom.

Oh okay, number001 . I also know somebody that got a Fortuner real fast because kinuha niya 'yung limited edition. Yepyep, lots of opportunists in this world. Too bad we're all suckers. Just kidding!
    Buti napalitan yang front door mo. Ang usual SOP ay pinupokpok lang at lalo na yang Fortuner kasi medyo limited yung parts nyan. There's Fortuner owner here in this forum who had to make do with a "reformed" rear bumper, after there's no replacement bumper available.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    Buti napalitan yang front door mo. Ang usual SOP ay pinupokpok lang at lalo na yang Fortuner kasi medyo limited yung parts nyan. There's Fortuner owner here in this forum who had to make do with a "reformed" rear bumper, after there's no replacement bumper available.
    ako yung nagpa-reform na ng rear bumper. ii-import pa daw kasi nila and it will take more than a month for the replacement bumper to arrive. ok na ngayon ang "reformed" bumper ko. looks good as new, as if nothing happened. satisfied ako sa after sales service ng toyota

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Fortuner Waiting List/Time?