New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    i saw TOYOTA's promotional leaflets. TRD package for fortuner includes bodykit, sports grille, shocks and springs. worth it ba? and what brand of shock and springs. 150k plus, but if you buy the package 140 lang daw. hehehehe

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusblutrooper View Post
    i saw TOYOTA's promotional leaflets. TRD package for fortuner includes bodykit, sports grille, shocks and springs. worth it ba? and what brand of shock and springs. 150k plus, but if you buy the package 140 lang daw. hehehehe
    kung orig TRD, oo. kung a-toy made, medyo magdadalawang isip ako

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    whats with the a-toy package? hehe. but seriously, thats a hefty sum of money for a package. im thinking it would be wise for toyota to include some TRD engine upgrades too.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    I'm not a fan of bodykits for SUVs so if I had the money, I'll just upgrade to the shocks and springs.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    pretty steep in for my taste. Kung original TRD package yan they should give you a certificate of authenticity at naka indicate diyan yung part code para ma track mo mismo sa TRD to verify. Pero for P140k itapon nalang ang bodykit kasi ang daming Fortuner nang naka bodykit. Mine just cost P40k and that's a personalized bodykit design. Dapat sa P140k engine, exhaust, suspension, perfromance disc brakes(slotted, drilled) performance tires and gauges upgrade.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    I think the package is geared towards more of a 'TRD look' rather than a real TRD package which is Performance.

Any shop can probably replicate that TRD body kit but not everyone can replicate the performance package especially if it is exclusive for the Fort.

Want a good example of a good aftermarket performance package? Check out Overfinch, the company that modifies the Range Rover V8s. Now that's a real bang-for-buck package

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not a fan of body kits as well. I'd upgrade the shocks and springs and aftermarket wheels or go-fast goodies instead.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    For all you know, si A-Toy gumawa yan para kay TMPI. And TMPI may have simply rebadged it as TRD. (J/K)

But on a more serious note, TMPI actively evaluates and develop aftermarket accessories (wheels, body kits, interiors, etc...) in tandem with a list of local suppliers. Even, TMPI allocates brand new vehicles solely for this evaluative process.

Btw, this kit is also available in Thailand. Funny thing about this kit, is that its really tuned to bling-bling crowd rather than those crowds who crave performance or tweaks.

Ps: Btw, the TRD shocks/spring will lower the Fort's height. But Toyota claims it will improve the ride quality (good-bye tag-tag, allegedly).

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    same with the rest of the guys here. i will not go for the body kits but will definitely go for an upgrade of the shocks and springs.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    for me, wheels, shocks and springs lang ok na instead of a body kit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Fortuner TRD package, 140k-worth it???