New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    got into an almost same albeit alot "milder" accident like that. buti n lang hndi fort dala k. prob now ung lite-ace van basag ang salamin at kupi and back door. haaay buhay pinoy. btw, praying the passengers are ok...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    tsk..tsk...there's something wrong, parang ang lambot ng kaha ng fortuner...what's the speed of the bus when it was hit the fort???
    that's to be expected from a car that didn't go through crash safety test, this is why i would never buy a car that doesn't have a 4-5 star crash safety test rating.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ Unfortunately, bro, those cars are a tad higher than your usual econoboxes.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    not really, for the price of the fortuner there's a bunch of other cars that has 4-5 star crash safety test rating. not bashing the fortuner i'm just saying that there are so many cars available in the philippines that has 4-5 star crash safety test rating.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jc.timajo View Post
    got into an almost same albeit alot "milder" accident like that. buti n lang hndi fort dala k. prob now ung lite-ace van basag ang salamin at kupi and back door. haaay buhay pinoy. btw, praying the passengers are ok...
    Hit a Lite-Ace with the same force it takes to crumple up a ladder-frame Fort like that and you'll be dead. Period.

Let's be realistic here... the Fortuner isn't that great crash-safety-wise compared to more modern crossovers like the CR-V or the Tucson... considering it's not sold in First-World markets... but it's not a simple tin can.

Doesn't matter how "safe" your car is. If you get hit by an unstoppable force or you hit an immovable object, you're dead.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    ^
    +1. An impact at speeds like that would crush most cars. But given 2 cars that have the same crash rating I'd still go for the taller one. Even if your car has a 5 star crash rating you'll only be as safe as the tests say if you hit something that's more or less your bumper level. If something taller hits you it'll tend to hit your windshield or worse, roll right on top of you. Then the tests won't mean anything.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    well yeah if the bus was going pretty damn fast then no matter how safe your car is, it probably won't help. for me i'd rather have a safer car since i'd take that slight chance that you might live when your on a safer car. from experience having a safer car helps a lot depending on the accident. my uncles innova got hit by an audi a4 going around 50-60kph and the inova's whole rear looked like a mess and the passengers on the 2nd row got bruises and scratches(one of them was me) while the audi only had minor damage and no injuries from the driver and passenger, broken headlights and slightly bent hood. while my my mom's bmw x3(usdm not the ones philippines get) was also rear ended by a 95-96 ford crown victoria going 30-40mph, the only damage on the x3 was a couple of scratches on the rear bumper and a bent exhaust i was the only one in the car i barely felt i got hit while the crown vic had to be towed away since basically his whole front end was destroyed.

and no, having a bigger car doesn't mean it is safer.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup. Neither bigger nor taller matter. Safer matters. And unfortunately... safer costs money. Which means when you get a cheap SUV (in other words... a big bus-like seven seater for the price of a five seat modern crossover), you're getting what you paid for in terms of crash integrity versus those cars.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Yup. Neither bigger nor taller matter. Safer matters. And unfortunately... safer costs money. Which means when you get a cheap SUV (in other words... a big bus-like seven seater for the price of a five seat modern crossover), you're getting what you paid for in terms of crash integrity versus those cars.
    A subtle way of saying THIRD WORLD SUV!

Nope don't worry ako lang nagsabi nyan hindi ikaw so I will take all the heat!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    A subtle way of saying THIRD WORLD SUV!

Nope don't worry ako lang nagsabi nyan hindi ikaw so I will take all the heat!
    HAHA.

:hysterical:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Fortuner SUV vs Killer Bus