New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    hehehe. Ang susunod na thread -- how to improve fuel consumption due to extra load of sand? -- hehehe.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cdlibi View Post
    how do we improve or soften the ride of the toyota f4x4 fortuner? whats the best way?
    Simple. Add ballast to the rear of the vehicle.

The suspension is designed to carry heavy loads. So if the vehicle is unloaded, the ride will be jarring or stiff. Adding a few kilos of ballast will soften the ride.

Your options for ballast would be:
    -sacks of rice
    -sacks of sand
    -sacks of cat litter
    -anything else that weighs a lot but cheap to buy and would stay put in the back.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sir,
    try mo mgpalit ng spring and shock ..as for the springs try ome,h&r or dobinsons...sa shocks nmn try mo using adjustable shocks like rancho rsx9 or pro comp mx6 so u can adjust the handling..tpos lower mo tire pressure for the rear if wla karga pwede na 25psi front 30psi..sometimes rear ko inexperiment nmin 23psi lng and front 25psi.. tpos adjust mo un shocks sa softest setting..dun mo ma feel un lambot na hnahanap mo..d na mtagtag..... if u want good fuel consumption taasan mo pressure if gus2 mo lumakas and ma fine tune mkina..ecu upgrade na..pm me if yuo want an ecu upgrade..i can give yuo special price hehehe

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Old man emu. we had our fortuners shocks replaced last year. nung una sabi ko very minimal lang ng change. sayang sa pera.

then last month naka sakay ako sa fortuner ng friend ko.

nahilo ako sa ride. grabe. ang tagtag nga pala ng stock.

there i saw the difference. malaki din pinag iba.

imho no need to change the springs. kasi sa old man kapag palit ka springs the ride height will increase. sa hnr naman eh bababa.

im very satisfied sa ride nia ngayon. old man plus stock springs

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I think its striking the balance between riding comfort and cost (higher fuel consumption / tyre threadwear).

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Simple. Add ballast to the rear of the vehicle.

The suspension is designed to carry heavy loads. So if the vehicle is unloaded, the ride will be jarring or stiff. Adding a few kilos of ballast will soften the ride.

Your options for ballast would be:
    -sacks of rice
    -sacks of sand
    -sacks of cat litter
    -anything else that weighs a lot but cheap to buy and would stay put in the back.
    will this technique be applicable to all vehicles? or to Fortuners only.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    try nyo po mag log in sa fortuner club dami threads dun concerning ur quiry...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by msg View Post
    Old man emu. we had our fortuners shocks replaced last year. nung una sabi ko very minimal lang ng change. sayang sa pera.

then last month naka sakay ako sa fortuner ng friend ko.

nahilo ako sa ride. grabe. ang tagtag nga pala ng stock.

there i saw the difference. malaki din pinag iba.

imho no need to change the springs. kasi sa old man kapag palit ka springs the ride height will increase. sa hnr naman eh bababa.

im very satisfied sa ride nia ngayon. old man plus stock springs
    Actually, that's a good way to do it.

Ford's Ranger is a very stiff vehicle, but the shocks keep it from bouncing too much... so it doesn't make you carsick so much as buttsore...

I find that a very stiff vehicle can ride tolerably as long as it doesn't bounce around... I kinda like that solution better than the "spring" solution.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hehehe... This thread is funny.

I wonder what's the feedback of my friends Fort in Bukidnon.
    iam3739.com

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    kapag nasanay ka na sa fort na modified ang shocks then sakay ka sa stock hehe mahihilo ka and sasakit ulo mo. based on my experience lang naman

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Fortuner: how to improve riding comfort?