New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    how do we improve or soften the ride of the toyota f4x4 fortuner? whats the best way?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    short term solution and probably the cheapest way is to decrease the recommended tire pressure by around 4 to 5 lbs/sq in. however, you might have to sacrifice the life span of your tire...

maybe the best method is to replace the existing shocks, i know some people who were pretty satisfied with the ride right after changing the shocks

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cdlibi View Post
    how do we improve or soften the ride of the toyota f4x4 fortuner? whats the best way?
    you may also try to visit and learn from the fortuner owners on this site.
    http://pinoyfortuner.14.forumer.com/index.php

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I wouldn't lower the tire pressure THAT much. Delikado din kasi sa blow-out eh dahil baka me-deform ang belts. There are ads for aftermarket springs but I haven't tried them myself.

Seriously though. Ride comfort is one of the things that should be tested in the test drive.

Doon sa hindi pa nakaka-try, kung gusto niyo talaga nice ride, try the FXT. Grabe. Palagay ko next down will be the SF.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    sobrang tagtag ba talaga nyan Fortuner? parang 2nd gen strada ba

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    use nitrogen on your tires, get an aftermarket set of springs and shocks.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    try speedlab spring and shocks combo

bilstein shocks
    H&R springs

here's the link:

http://www.speedlab.com.ph/installat...ilsteinh&r.htm

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    The Fortuner's ride isn't that bad naman, I guess it's because my previous ride was a pick-up truck. Lowering the tire pressure will help in softening up the ride, but handling and fuel economy will be affected. I heard from another owner that he will be changing the springs and shocks soon. I for one will make do with the existing set-up, doesn't make that much sense changing brand new stuff if you can't trade them in or sell them.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    sobrang tagtag ba talaga nyan Fortuner? parang 2nd gen strada ba
    Nope. I find the ride of the fortuner to be car like since im used to driving pick ups. But for people who are used to driving cars. Matigas talaga suspension ng fort.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As I've said previously, it's actually not bad in front... but if you ride in the second or third row out on provincial highways, it can be very jarring. I'd rate the front as being about Ranger-level in comfort, and the rear as being Frontier-level...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Fortuner: how to improve riding comfort?