Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    and the rear as being Frontier-level...
    Haha.. that's bad indeed.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Meron na ho ba sa mga Fortuner owners na nagpalit na ng shocks and springs? Nag improve ba ang ride significantly? Share naman po ang inyong experience.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    You can try changing out the applicable suspension components with Old Man Emu parts.

Since it does wonders for pick ups, I reckon it should really help with the Fortuner.

An before anyone says anything, I'm not affiliated with them. I'm just a happy and satisfied customer.

Hope this helps.

:regards:

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    You can check out the newest tech for that. Fortuner aftermarket springs.

It's available at Kart Plaza Motorsports (Kilton Bldg. 1106 P. Binay St., corner Borner St., Makati City)

The developer is JA Motorsports of Japan. It promises softer spring rate but will not reduce the Fort's ride height.

Hope this helps!

Ganda talaga ng Fort

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    You can check out the newest tech for that. Fortuner aftermarket springs.

It's available at Kart Plaza Motorsports (Kilton Bldg. 1106 P. Binay St., corner Borner St., Makati City)

The developer is JA Motorsports of Japan. It promises softer spring rate but will not reduce the Fort's ride height.

Hope this helps!

Ganda talaga ng Fort
    I plan to change the springs soon for my Fort. I might get H&R.

A relative of mine told me that he has a friend who changed springs and used JA Motorsports. It's not that good daw.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    How much are the JAs? I'm seeing more and more springs for the Fortuner on the market now... one set of rears even going for as low as 15k pesos.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    i am a believer that if a vehicle's riding comfort isn't so good when it's brand new, then you can only "improve" or tweak it slightly. But you'll never be able to remarkably or miraculously change it and make it feel like a sedan (or something better). Changing the shocks, springs, tire pressure, etc. can only do so much, but the bottom line is, the ride will remain stiff or bouncy. My uncle had a 2nd gen nissan patrol and that car was bouncy. He changed the shocks, lowered the tire pressure and changed to street tires but it only resulted in marginal (at best) improvement. Basically, matagtag pa rin. My brother has a Fortuner and I have to say nahilo ako when I took a ride at the 2nd row. He changed tires, softened the tire pressure, changed shocks, etc. It improved the ride a bit, but it was still matagtag.

Kung baga sa tao, parang genetics din yan.

In my opinion, the best and cheapest way(s) to improve the riding comfort of your vehicle:

1. Lower your standards of expectation.
    2. Wait until your butt gets used to the bouncy ride.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my friend got a fortuner just recently. upon test driving it, i really felt the bounce...
    but guess what, when we checked the tire pressure, it was at 45 psi, so we lessened it to 35 psi, and the ride quality improved a bit.

to fix the bounce at the rear end, we did a very primitive solution....

we put a sack of sand sa likod....

ngayon ok na...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    when iam using my fortuner yun heavyduty yaya ng anak ko ang lagi sa last row to minimized d bouncy ride he he always yan

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore View Post
    my friend got a fortuner just recently. upon test driving it, i really felt the bounce...
    but guess what, when we checked the tire pressure, it was at 45 psi, so we lessened it to 35 psi, and the ride quality improved a bit.

to fix the bounce at the rear end, we did a very primitive solution....

we put a sack of sand sa likod....

ngayon ok na...
    so parang owner na jeep. matagtag pag 2 lang pasahero. nong puno kami, di na matagtag. better lagi pag mabigat ang likod mo. makabilingi nga ng buhangin ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Fortuner: how to improve riding comfort?