New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    May idea po ba kyo kung san po mgandang magpa-decarbonize?toyota revo po, automatic transmission. Why do we need an engine decarbonizing? Ano po ba nagagawa nito?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    di po ba ginagawa lang to sa mga diesel engine?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by armie View Post
    May idea po ba kyo kung san po mgandang magpa-decarbonize?toyota revo po, automatic transmission. Why do we need an engine decarbonizing? Ano po ba nagagawa nito?
    dalhin mo sa sctex, i-arangka mo approaching red line. start from stop, gradually depress the accelerator pedal without letting go till it approach red line. btw, put the gear in the low drive (d2) so that the transmission will not automatically change to a higher gear.
    Pag manual tranny klasi, ginagawa ko is to approach the red line for every gear change. 2 X ko ginagawa ito to clear carbon deposits. Just make sure that the road is free when you do this

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^agree its also called italian tune up

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by burjegol View Post
    dalhin mo sa sctex, i-arangka mo approaching red line. start from stop, gradually depress the accelerator pedal without letting go till it approach red line. btw, put the gear in the low drive (d2) so that the transmission will not automatically change to a higher gear.
    Pag manual tranny klasi, ginagawa ko is to approach the red line for every gear change. 2 X ko ginagawa ito to clear carbon deposits. Just make sure that the road is free when you do this
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUR-RT View Post
    ^agree its also called italian tune up
    huwag ka lang papahuli sa patrol hehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Do an Italian Tuneup every so often. City driving causes this due to the short drive and low rpm/load conditions. A regular highway jaunt or redlining your engine (under load on 1st - 2nd gear...) on a nice stretch of road once a week or so can help expel carbon deposits on the valves and plugs. No need to drive fast, just keep it steady near redline; 1st gear is usually between 50 to 60kph and 2 gear is at 90 to 110kph on a common vehicle.

After doing a long, hard drive to Baguio, etc... i usually feel the car drive lighter and FC improves slightly over the coming weeks.

If your car is a bit old or high mileage and does not see high rpm regularly, better to turn off your a/c compressor when you do the italian tune up just to be sure it doesnt get damaged.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Actually wala rin po ako idea regarding that. Basta one time po dinala ko sasakyan ko sa kasa para ipa-check po ang mga sira. After the checking, binigyan nila ako ng list ng mga dapat na ipa-repair then nakita ko po ung DECARBONIZE. It costs around P3500. That was a year ago pero di ko pa pina-decarbonize up to now. Pansin ko lang na medyo bumagal ang takbo nya ngaun unlike nung una ko sya mabili. 2nd owner na po ako eh. I just think na baka ung DECARBONIZING ang solution para bumalik yung dating takbo nya. Any suggestion po?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    So ibig po sabihin di ko na po kailangan dalhin sa kasa pra ipa-decarbonize? Bago lang po kasi ako nagkaron ng sasakyan, two years pa lang po and its 2nd hand pa. I really dont have much idea when it comes to sasakyan po. At saka kahit po ba automatic transmission ay kailangan talaga i-dearbonize? Gasolina po pla engine ko. Thanks po.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    kung me pambayad, OK. pero kung nagtitipid ka, just follow what I have posted previously.
    And by the way, do that with your a/c turned off

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Thank you very much po sir... : ))

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
decarbonizing