New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Do an Italian Tuneup every so often. City driving causes this due to the short drive and low rpm/load conditions. A regular highway jaunt or redlining your engine (under load on 1st - 2nd gear...) on a nice stretch of road once a week or so can help expel carbon deposits on the valves and plugs. No need to drive fast, just keep it steady near redline; 1st gear is usually between 50 to 60kph and 2 gear is at 90 to 110kph on a common vehicle.

After doing a long, hard drive to Baguio, etc... i usually feel the car drive lighter and FC improves slightly over the coming weeks.

If your car is a bit old or high mileage and does not see high rpm regularly, better to turn off your a/c compressor when you do the italian tune up just to be sure it doesnt get damaged.

i also do it once a week since i fetch my sister from katipunan to alabang, redline at 2nd gear to 3rd gear (slex)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUR-RT View Post
    i also do it once a week since i fetch my sister from katipunan to alabang, redline at 2nd gear to 3rd gear (slex)
    My favorite stretch to do this is on White Plains Ave.

Instead if spending on decarbonizing, use the money to fill up on premium fuel and do the italian tune-up... you'll enjoy it

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    My favorite stretch to do this is on White Plains Ave.

Instead if spending on decarbonizing, use the money to fill up on premium fuel and do the italian tune-up... you'll enjoy it
    ok nga sa white plains ave. but ayaw ko lang yung rumble strips. sakit sa suspension system.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Hindi po ba makakasama yung italian tune up since makakacontribute siya sa wear and tear nung engine due to high revving?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^siguro may factor din pero on a bone stock car/engine hindi mo naman siguro magigiba unless hindi sinusunod yung PMS, my car is designed to be revved high and i do some trackdays every now and then so far ok pa nman oto ko

6. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    mga sir may may napanood ako sa youtube tungkol sa pag decarbonize ng diesel engine, nag spray lang sila ng tubig sa intake manifold pero pakonti konti lang.. sa tingin nyo mga sir safe kaya sa makina?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Do an Italian Tuneup every so often. City driving causes this due to the short drive and low rpm/load conditions. A regular highway jaunt or redlining your engine (under load on 1st - 2nd gear...) on a nice stretch of road once a week or so can help expel carbon deposits on the valves and plugs. No need to drive fast, just keep it steady near redline; 1st gear is usually between 50 to 60kph and 2 gear is at 90 to 110kph on a common vehicle.

After doing a long, hard drive to Baguio, etc... i usually feel the car drive lighter and FC improves slightly over the coming weeks.

If your car is a bit old or high mileage and does not see high rpm regularly, better to turn off your a/c compressor when you do the italian tune up just to be sure it doesnt get damaged.

how long mong i-redline? how many minutes?
    for mt, every change gear i-redline? or 1st and 2nd gear lang?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Ako 2nd and 3rd gear. Not really redline, but very close to it. 2nd gear for about a minute, 3rd gear for about 2 minutes then cruise for long distances. I usually do it on SCTex, and when I'm almost due for an oil change.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
decarbonizing