New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    diba kasama yan dapat sa dti return and exchange?
    one day pa ang sasakyan, may probs agad.
    paano nalang kung nag out of town kaagad ang nakabili?
    sakit sa ulo yan, kaya bigyan mo din sila ng sakit ulo.
    refer it to your fav lawyer what to do.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Change rack/pinion assy lang ang gagawin dyan. Yan ang pinakamadali gawin para sa casa. Change the car unit?..Hmmm, parang suntok sa buwan, malabo mangyari IMHO.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    same here..
    demand for the unit to be changed..
    if not, ganito gawin mo sa kanila!!!!!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    langya naman, kapag mamalasin.

goodluck na lang broTS sana,mapalitan ng bago rides mo.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Change unit? malabo yun bro pero di ba as per DTI rules and reg within 7 days of purchased pwede balik at palitan. Kaya lang malamang matagal na proseso yan.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Its easy enough to fix. The whole rack assembly just yanks off. Check the PS plumbing also. Don't know what the Innova PS is plumbed but if its a hose leak then its easier to fix. Good luck on the unit. The only thing against you is time. Red tape will take longer than the actual repair itself.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Its easy enough to fix. The whole rack assembly just yanks off. Check the PS plumbing also. Don't know what the Innova PS is plumbed but if its a hose leak then its easier to fix. Good luck on the unit. The only thing against you is time. Red tape will take longer than the actual repair itself.
    oo nga, baka nga naman PS hose lang ang me leak. kung sa rack and pinion, wag sana siya pumayag sa repair lang, dapat palit ng buo.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    thanks to your opinions/suggestions.

by law ng dti, ano ba talaga to? i believe that there is no such thing as "no return, no exchange" and it's against the law - so an exchange should be made? does that ruling apply to motor vehicles as well?

the reason why we opt to get a bnew unit is that my wife and the kids will use it most of the time. "by logic," i think it applies that a brand new unit does deserve to be brand new and "unrepaired." no matter how good an installation was done - if the rack is just casa replaced, then these will certainly follow - wear between the bushes, clamp, tie rod, knuckle will be present already. once the tie rod is pushed in the knuckle, metal would have been pinched and gap would be there already and would definitely be early or premature "kalampag" later on. torque specs won't be followed as well.

while we were test driving on the saturday late afternoon (we got the car sat lunch). i heard a very noticeable hum when reaching either left/right lock. sunday morning came, reservoir was completely gone. when idling and opening the cap, you'll hear a very loud gushing air. seems air is being sucked in the leaking portion and coming out of the return hose.

on the tech side of thing, i am certain, it's definitely the ps driver side boot that's leaking. ps pump, high pressure hose, return hose, and hard lines are all dry except for that driver's side rack boot. i myself crawled down the vehicle and did the inspection with my own hands and eyes - the leak on that part only is undeniable. i traced all lines and its definite that the leak is there. looking at the whole picture, i don't think that its the relief valve in the ps that's problematic, else it should be both sides of the rack that should be leaking. given this visual inspection, the only possibilities that i see are - bad seal, bad rack, bad pinion.

btw, if you ask which dealer - toyota pasig.

all your ideas are highly appreciated. if you have more things in mind, feel free to post. i'll keep you guys updated. let's hope for the best tomorrow morning. d*mn i'd have to take a leave off work just for this!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
    thanks to your opinions/suggestions.

by law ng dti, ano ba talaga to? i believe that there is no such thing as "no return, no exchange" and it's against the law - so an exchange should be made? does that ruling apply to motor vehicles as well?

the reason why we opt to get a bnew unit is that my wife and the kids will use it most of the time. "by logic," i think it applies that a brand new unit does deserve to be brand new and "unrepaired." no matter how good an installation was done - if the rack is just casa replaced, then these will certainly follow - wear between the bushes, clamp, tie rod, knuckle will be present already. once the tie rod is pushed in the knuckle, metal would have been pinched and gap would be there already and would definitely be early or premature "kalampag" later on. torque specs won't be followed as well.

while we were test driving on the saturday late afternoon (we got the car sat lunch). i heard a very noticeable hum when reaching either left/right lock. sunday morning came, reservoir was completely gone. when idling and opening the cap, you'll hear a very loud gushing air. seems air is being sucked in the leaking portion and coming out of the return hose.

on the tech side of thing, i am certain, it's definitely the ps driver side boot that's leaking. ps pump, high pressure hose, return hose, and hard lines are all dry except for that driver's side rack boot. i myself crawled down the vehicle and did the inspection with my own hands and eyes - the leak on that part only is undeniable. i traced all lines and its definite that the leak is there. looking at the whole picture, i don't think that its the relief valve in the ps that's problematic, else it should be both sides of the rack that should be leaking. given this visual inspection, the only possibilities that i see are - bad seal, bad rack, bad pinion.

btw, if you ask which dealer - toyota pasig.

all your ideas are highly appreciated. if you have more things in mind, feel free to post. i'll keep you guys updated. let's hope for the best tomorrow morning. d*mn i'd have to take a leave off work just for this!

You can just have the leaking part replaced, sa casa naman per assembly yan Bihira dun repair kit or oil seal lang, to be sure that it gets replaced watch while it is being replaced in the working area as a sign of their good faith. tie-rods, clamps, bushings really wont get torn up just like that. Innova uses hi-lux parts, so its not that fragile really...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    bakit sa mga store/groceries/shops.. may 7 day replacement period.. bakit pag sa sasakyan wala?? parang mali yun ahh.. exempted ba mga car dealers dito??

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
day old innova - ps leak