New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For the altis owners, anong engine oil rating ng altis? What oil ang recommended? Synthetic ba or is it okay to just use semi-synth?

Yung brake pads ba, okay lang din ang bendix? How about air filters? Should I get originals?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Djerms,

I recommend you just get the 15" rims from the higher variants. Then add some foglamps. Stock and clean is a good way to start.

Don't think of lowering, you're getting married. You'll be hauling kids and in-laws in no time. Maintain the ride comfort for the time when you have a child seat in the back.

Mineral based lubricants, Bendix pads, and replacement filters work well enough, just don't neglect to replace them at the proper intervals. I won't blow my cash on Iridiums, too. The stock plugs work fine.

Wala bang owner's manual yung nakuha mong unit?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Otep,
    Thanks. May owner's manual but I dont know how to read the specified oil ratings (yung graph na may temperature below and oil ratings sa taas). Parang ang pinakamababang temp uses 20w50 (fully synth?) and ang pinakamataas naman uses 5w30? So I guess dun ako sa gitna 10w30? Tama ba analysis ko..hehe.

Yup baka hindi nako maglower muna. May foglamps na sya and may side skirts and chins na so hindi naman na masagwang tignan. Also replaced stock radio na din and upgraded coaxials.

Galing ako kay BB yesterday. Exterior detail. okay na...good to go na.

Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    For the altis owners, anong engine oil rating ng altis? What oil ang recommended? Synthetic ba or is it okay to just use semi-synth?

Yung brake pads ba, okay lang din ang bendix? How about air filters? Should I get originals?

Thanks.
    recommended oil ng altis is synthetic, pero i don't see anything wrong in using semi-synth or regular mineral. dapat lang regular oil change na lang.

bendix is very good... sa air filters, siguro yung stock lang muna. maski replacement is ok, as long as you change it regularly with your oil.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks HG. Anong rating ng synthetic sa altis na gamit mo? Have a particular brand?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks HG. Anong rating ng synthetic sa altis na gamit mo? Have a particular brand?
    kuya djerms, ala akong altis, pero yung bro-in-law ko meron. gamit nya is yung shell supersynth... yung kulay grey.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    HG: Ganun ba. hehe. Kala ko owner ka din. THanks for the tips.

Guys yung drive belt ng altis (one piece belt) needs replacement na daw (60tkms na car ko) and toyota quoted me 3600 for the belt and 300 for installation.

Yung ATF papalitan ko na din siguro. Toyota quoted me 2000 for 4 liters of atf and 250 for the labor. Okay lang ba ito?

May altis owner na ba na nakagamit ng ibang ATF? Hindi kasi nakalagay rating sa manual eh. Basta type IV ATF lang ang nakalagay. Mukhang taga ang kasa sa PhP500 per liter ng atf ah.

PLS HELP.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    HG: Ganun ba. hehe. Kala ko owner ka din. THanks for the tips.

Guys yung drive belt ng altis (one piece belt) needs replacement na daw (60tkms na car ko) and toyota quoted me 3600 for the belt and 300 for installation.

Yung ATF papalitan ko na din siguro. Toyota quoted me 2000 for 4 liters of atf and 250 for the labor. Okay lang ba ito?

May altis owner na ba na nakagamit ng ibang ATF? Hindi kasi nakalagay rating sa manual eh. Basta type IV ATF lang ang nakalagay. Mukhang taga ang kasa sa PhP500 per liter ng atf ah.

PLS HELP.
    pre yung ATF, i think nasa 280 lang ata per liter yung tinda sa shell.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang galing. Was able to replace all fluids of my zz including the replacement of the serpentine belt (thanks striker for the term) kila Speedyfix. Guess what, it cost me only 7k++ vs the 8k quoted by toyota (just for replacing the serpentine belt and the atf). At least with almost the same budget lahat ng fluids napalitan ko na including fully synthetic oil pa yun (motul htec).

Here are the things done:
    replace ATF
    Replace Brake fluid
    raplace power steering fluid
    replace coolant
    change oil and filter (motul f.s.)
    adjust engine cable
    Replace belt

Kudos to Speedyfix and for their great service.

By the way guys, yung serpentine belt na binebenta ng casa is I think bando brand. They are selling it for 3.2k. We were able to source it our for only 2.5k++. Same bando brand.

Just saying that there are other options other than casa.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    presenting......
    fresh from bigberts, alagang bigberts!

Nico, grill and LED tail lights nalang ganda na!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Corola altis 1.6E AT upkeep