New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys need your help. I finally let go of my Dmax for a sedan. As some of you already know, our wedding is nearing and priorities are now changing.

I got an altis 1.6E AT. Im really an amateur when it comes to gas fed sedans. Ano ba ang dapat ko malaman?

Gusto ko sana pormahan din kahit papaano. Here are my plans:

Change sparkplugs to iridium?
    Change mags to 16in and change to wider tires (how much kaya)
    Do I need to shift to lowering springs considering the altis' high ground clearance?
    Timing belt pa rin ba ang altis?

Dami ko gusto gawin but of course I also know my priorities, so hindi ito isang bagsakan. The reason for the change to sedan is really to save so no point If I get expensive stuff for the altis.

Ang gusto ko lang talaga is to make it more presentable...medyo puny looking with small rims and tires..hehe.

TIA

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    1.8 G rims and fog lights na yan! heheh
    Last edited by carlocaraddict; June 5th, 2007 at 10:01 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys,
    If ever I change to 15" mags do I need to perform a drop? How much 1.5" or 2" and what is a bang for the buck lowering spring?

Kasi ang sagwa talaga tignan ng altis with stock 14" tires.

What if I just change to 15" (stock mags ng G) then lagay nalang ako ng front chins and side skirts para naman hindi mataas tignan. (to hide the ground clearance). Mag-iimprove kaya porma? I dont want to compromise driving comfort din naman as I believe magiging matagtag pag mag drop ako.

PLease help. Thanks.

Nico

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you change to 15" rims, i'd suggest getting the OEM rims from a G model. with that the car looks good and doesnt look awkward (no lowering needed).

If you just want to forget about your plugs then changing to Iridiums would be okay. If you stick to stock plugs then use the OEMs and change every 10,000kms.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Vinj,
    Thanks. I really intend to get the 15" of oem of the G variant. By the way, someone's selling me his toms chin for 1k. Pero ipaparepaint ko pa ng white. Reasonable na? May side skirts nako eh. Plan ko front chin nalang then the 15" mags fron the g variant. How much kaya mga ganitong mags?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Ganda Sir! namimiss ko tuloy ung altis ko

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Opinion lang .
    If you're going to change mags, better a 16" upwards, bale-wala kung 15" e gagastos ka rin naman. Added to this, masyado nang matagtag ang ride mo pag 17" up, stiff na nga ang suspension ng Altis, saka babagal ang acceleration mo dahil mabigat na yan, may added stress pa sa CV Joint. Pero maeeliminate mo rin naman ito if you're going to use Forged Wheels.
    One more, be careful for the upgrade, wag sanang magaya sa iba na lalong sumagwa ang stock car nila nung pinormahan na.
    That's why I only go for stock, besides wala me budget sa upgrade, he, he, he.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Guys need your help. I finally let go of my Dmax for a sedan. As some of you already know, our wedding is nearing and priorities are now changing.

I got an altis 1.6E AT. Im really an amateur when it comes to gas fed sedans. Ano ba ang dapat ko malaman?

Gusto ko sana pormahan din kahit papaano. Here are my plans:

Change sparkplugs to iridium?
    Change mags to 16in and change to wider tires (how much kaya)
    Do I need to shift to lowering springs considering the altis' high ground clearance?
    Timing belt pa rin ba ang altis?

Dami ko gusto gawin but of course I also know my priorities, so hindi ito isang bagsakan. The reason for the change to sedan is really to save so no point If I get expensive stuff for the altis.

Ang gusto ko lang talaga is to make it more presentable...medyo puny looking with small rims and tires..hehe.

TIA

kuya djerms. since you will be getting married, i think it is better for you to keep your excess money muna.. kakailanganin mo yan.

pero to answer your questions:

a. i still suggest keeping the plugs to stock. just have it changed regularly.
    b. a 17 incher will look better than a 16 incher. although because of your situation now, i think the stock 15 will do. kakargahan mo kasi yan ng madaming things pag nanganak si esmi mo.
    c. if you are getting a 17 incher, suggest keeping the clearance to stock. pag nabuntis si misis, kakargahan mo yan ng karaming baggage.
    d. yup. timing belt pa din.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks sa mga suggestions guys. I might just get a 15inch stock mags kasi ang sagwa ng 14s. Hindi ko na ilolower. I'll just get front chins nalang. okay na yun. Stock look pa rin kumbaga. Parang nag facelift lang ako.

HG,
    Sabi nila chain na ang altis? Sure ka belt?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    From what I know, some Toyotas like the RAV4 uses iridium plugs and it only needs to be changed at 80,000 kms. Not sure if it also applies to the Altis. Guess best way to find out is to ask the dealer.

As for timing chain or t belt, I also recommend asking the dealer or looking at the manual.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Corola altis 1.6E AT upkeep