New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I was offered by a friend in subic of a 2000 land cruiser 100 dubai version. I havent seen it yet but according to him it comes fully loaded. The sad part was it was converted to left hand drive. He told me that all parts for the conversion he used are originals, no welding or cutting was done ( i think).
    It is my dream car but it aint cheap. A friend of mine told me this kinds of cars are not reliable and has no resale value.
    Can you give me your opinions. Thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    im not 100% sure, but i believe that if that is really a dubai version lc100, it should have been an original left hand drive. baka hindi dubai talaga yan. linawin mo muna.

guys, correct me if im wrong. thanks!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tebs is right. if it's dubai version, it should be on the left since we n dubai drive on the same side of the road. obviously, ur friend is conning you already.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, a Dubai version is LHD. If it's converted, that would most likely be from Japan.

An original LC100 LHD will from anywhere between 1.6 to 2++M second hand. If he's selling it at over 1M and it's converted, maybe you would want to consider a local LHD Patrol.

Reliability of a converted will be a hit or miss thing... but don't expect it to be as solid anymore since they already cut up the car and stuff (even if original LHD parts we're used).

BTW, take the words "we used all orig LHD parts for the conversion" with a grain of salt. They all say that when you go asking around.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Keep in mind that LC100's are not exactly simple vehicles that your backyard mechanic works on. They have complex electrical and computer controlled systems that should not be messed around with.

Moving the wheel and pedals from one side to another is easy enough. Getting everything to work together as well as an original LHD unit is the tough part.

The SRS system, climate control, electronic suspension, ABS, etc. all have to be dealt with.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    if dadalin mo yan sa casa everytime na ichecheck... P5-15,000... kasi imported, iba yun saksakan nila...

Converted LC100 what do you think?