New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Wala tayong DPF

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Toyota diesels which are Euro-4 or even 5 standard in Da Pilipins don't have DPFs? How come kaya?

This is partly why I started a thread about DPF maintenance. My Sporty has one and I wanna make sure it'll last the life of the vehicle if possible.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    Toyota diesels which are Euro-4 or even 5 standard in Da Pilipins don't have DPFs? How come kaya?

This is partly why I started a thread about DPF maintenance. My Sporty has one and I wanna make sure it'll last the life of the vehicle if possible.
    It does? I have to check mine. Where in the engine bay (or underneath) is it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post

Euro 5 na ba sporty, bro?

AFAIK, euro 4 jap vehicles wala pa rin DPF.

VW lang yata na Euro 5 merong DPF dito.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by leonleon View Post
    Euro 5 na ba sporty, bro?

AFAIK, euro 4 jap vehicles wala pa rin DPF.

VW lang yata na Euro 5 merong DPF dito.
    May DPF na ata yung Mazda SkyActiv diesel engines.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    May DPF na ata yung Mazda SkyActiv diesel engines.
    Ah ok, bro.

Are these Mazdas Euro 5 also?

I think most Euro 4's, or all Euro 4's don't need DPF's?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

The montys, mux's and Forts are all Euro 4's with no DPF's, right?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Ah ok, bro.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Let's wait for the PPV owners to chime in with regards to DPF.

I do know our Jetta TDI has DPF and a member here with a Mazda6 SkyActiv Diesel told me his car also has DPF.

7. Join Date
    May 2016
    Ah ok, bro.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Skyactiv-D is compatible up to Euro VI. My friend from Mazda mentioned all Skyactiv-D models launched have the DPF, which is unusual since it's unnecessary for Euro IV. Maybe it's built into the design and cannot be removed nor installed. If it were possible, I'll just remove it.

There's been a scandal in Australia years ago regarding Skyactiv-D DPFs causing oil dilution. Diesel is programmed to be injected onto the DPF to burn soot. During short trips, the burn or regen isn't completed causing excess diesel to return to the oil sump thereby mixing with the oil.

Afaik, it's been resolved with a reprogrammed DPF cycle and new dipstick, but the first owners (2012, 2013) who experienced dilution, having contaminated oil caused accelerated wear on the turbo and camshaft.

For our local Euro IV PPVs, none have the dreaded DPF equipped but feel free to correct me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Even the OLD hyundai santa fe euro2 crdi diesels (2008 to 2011) have dpf.

Lahat ng hyundai and kia na crdi euro4 (2012 models and up) may dpf. Now euro5 na sila but the ad-blue additive has been removed.

Ford and Mazda euro4 pickups and ppv diesels have dpf. Ad-blue was also removed. Afaik the ford/mazda crdi diesel engines are actually euro5, but since the ad-blue was ommited then the classification reverted to euro4.
    Last edited by yebo; August 6th, 2019 at 08:38 PM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post

Lahat ng hyundai and kia na crdi euro4 (2012 models and up) may dpf. Now euro5 na sila but the ad-blue additive has been removed.

Ford and Mazda euro4 pickups and ppv diesels have dpf. Ad-blue was also removed.
    Yebo, how will I find out if my car has a dpf? My 2014 Accent has this canister after the turbo, but doesn’t have the piping & spark plug like thing (I guess for the diesel fuel to be pumped in to burn the soot in regeneration) but my 2018 Sportage has it. Auto regeneration yun dba? Honestly, ayoko ng dpf.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post

Ford and Mazda euro4 pickups and ppv diesels have dpf. Ad-blue was also removed. Afaik the ford/mazda crdi diesel engines are actually euro5, but since the ad-blue was ommited then the classification reverted to euro4.
    yun sakin fafa yebs marketed as 2007 Santa Fe pero nakuha ko Septermber 2006, 13 years na di ko nag alam kung may DPF o wale, pero Ganda pa din manakbo, kaya nga aka di ko gano iniintinde yan DPF DPF na yan,

mga nagpapalabas neto DPF issue na mag tao bitter kasi wala na kasi bumile ng HRV, CRV, Rav4, Forester, CX5, etc ..

just buy your diesel always, coz one - resale value, two - workhorse it can carry 7 people without drag, three - fuel efficient sa bumper traffic tapos pati na din NLEX SLEX, and four - less maintenance, it doesn't really require Fully synthetic as well as di na kelangan ng sparkplugs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast