New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Mga Sirs,

I just bought a new Innova J Diesel last week. It's still is not with me, though, because the Silver color that I ordered is still unavailable. I would like to ask your expertise regarding the proper way to break-in my unit. I am pretty sure that there will be different opinions and practices so may I request for the model year of your unit, way of break-in, and the status of your unit after the break-in. Also, some technical analysis for your preference will be of great help.

More power to all.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Aside from the break-in procedure, better also to ensure that you practice the proper turbo cool down before turning off your engine to lengthen the lifespan of your turbocharger.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Aside from the break-in procedure, better also to ensure that you practice the proper turbo cool down before turning off your engine to lengthen the lifespan of your turbocharger.

Thank you sir. Will keep that in mind.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Pitik pitik to 100-120kph.

Basta no jackrabbit starts. ;)

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

Will it also apply on the Vvti variant? wala pa din ma kuhang silver ang SA namin.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by markduguran View Post
    Will it also apply on the Vvti variant? wala pa din ma kuhang silver ang SA namin.
    Yes sir, most cars applicable siya.

Based from experience, mas nakaka-ganda yan ng FC. You'll notice it after the 1k check-up. Wag lang talaga papaabutin sa 4000rpm.

And as you can see naman, coming from the Sta. Rosa plant hataw rin talaga yung mga units na yan sa expressway.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    break-in 100-120 sprint sprint lang

ako. hard break in ginawa ko..
    nung pag kuha sa casa na sagad ko si innova..
    ang alam ko nga rin na ibreak in na raw at hataw na sa sta rosa daw bago i deliver sa toyota :-)

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012

Sir,

Pano po ba ung jack-rabbit starts? Ngaun lang kasi ako bibili ng brand new na sasakyan e. Thanks

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mib904 View Post
    Sir,

Pano po ba ung jack-rabbit starts? Ngaun lang kasi ako bibili ng brand new na sasakyan e. Thanks
    Parang taxi. From stop, hataw agad.

Basta huwag mo bibiglain ng hahatawin agad from stop. Pwede na yung while cruising ka at 5th gear, 80kph sa NLEX. Saka mo pitik pitikin ng 100-110-120kph. Basta huwag ka rin bababad sa speeds na yun. Pitik lang.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Parang taxi. From stop, hataw agad.

Basta huwag mo bibiglain ng hahatawin agad from stop. Pwede na yung while cruising ka at 5th gear, 80kph sa NLEX. Saka mo pitik pitikin ng 100-110-120kph. Basta huwag ka rin bababad sa speeds na yun. Pitik lang.
    Ano ang impact sir pag binabad ng matagal? nabasa ko rin sa manual yun pero di ko magets kugn bakit bawal.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Break-in