New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Saw some previous post that it will be priced at 1.5M, if would be difficult for toyota to sell this.since the price of ppv are almost or near its range. I would rather buy a pick-up truck with 143hp and lots of torque that this one(my opinion) with only 1.2M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakespeed800 View Post
    Saw some previous post that it will be priced at 1.5M, if would be difficult for toyota to sell this.since the price of ppv are almost or near its range. I would rather buy a pick-up truck with 143hp and lots of torque that this one(my opinion) with only 1.2M.

Not everyone wants to drive a truck. There would be people still opting to get something like an XV or HRV or Kona or this new Corolla Cross.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakespeed800 View Post

Following that logic edi wala na bumibili dapat ng XV, Tucson, etc. There's still a niche market for CUVs despite the majority going for diesel-fed PPV.

Not all cars need to be volume drivers, yung iba margin drivers (like the RAV4).

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    I still love driving a crossover. In fact I prefer this car coz it is very dependable (considering it is a corolla). But at 1.5M, its too expensive. I own an xv(awd) and hrv before and it is priced at 1.3 and 1.2M respectively. I just hope it will be priced below 1.5M because im planning to buy one. All New Toyota Corolla CrossAll New Toyota Corolla CrossAll New Toyota Corolla CrossAll New Toyota Corolla CrossAll New Toyota Corolla CrossAll New Toyota Corolla Cross

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Following that logic edi wala na bumibili dapat ng XV, Tucson, etc. There's still a niche market for CUVs despite the majority going for diesel-fed PPV.

Not all cars need to be volume drivers, yung iba margin drivers (like the RAV4).

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    hey! this is what i was trying to point out when i raised that issue on the Raize thread (pun pun pun)

that's the word i guess... "margin drivers" would prefer the Raize over the Rush

*sorry for the OT

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    which one kaya...

tough decision to make pag nag crossover na ang price ng sedan sa crossover

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    my old 2003 lancer cedia cvt had those "step" gears.
    they're pre-set gear ratios that one may choose, when over-riding the car's otherwise seamless gear ratios. the dash LED would tell me what "gear" i was in.
    after over 100K km (by previous owner; i bought it second hand), that 2003 cvt didn't give me any problems during the several years that i owned it.
    Thanks Dr D and Egan101

I always thought the "Simulated gearing" or "simulated gear ratio" wouldn't automatically label it as a 6spd, 7spd etc.

Of the 3 CVTs I have driven, only 1 ever had a manual mode (+/-), the City I-Dsi. So I thought they did away with labelling it after the issues with that CVT generation, as I didn't see it as part of the "label" or "product info" of those we commonly see in our market.

------

Back to Topic.

I'm honestly interested in the Coralla Cross. Our family already owns a PPV and for the utility, we already have that as a choice. I wouldn't want another one. Now something like the Coralla Cross would be enticing TBH. I do hope they are able to price a base model closer to 1.3m for an "E" Trim, which would be inline with an Altis V Trim at least.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by foifoi05 View Post
    tough decision to make pag nag crossover na ang price ng sedan sa crossover
    If it's really just 100k more than a Corolla I think people will overwhelmingly go for the Corolla Cross.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Mababa percentage ng CVT failure. Suwerte suwerte siguro.

214 Toyota Corolla transmission problems | CarComplaints.com

screenshot_20200712-185121_firefox.jpg

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Mababa percentage ng CVT failure. Suwerte suwerte siguro.

2?14 Toyota Corolla transmission problems | CarComplaints.com

screenshot_20200712-185121_firefox.jpg
    critique lang:
    it is always nice to know the denominator number, because that puts the numerator number into perspective.
    but i appreciate the effort.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 12th, 2020 at 08:01 PM.

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast