New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Looks sell, as it carries with it the image. Most Pinoy buyers are not too particular about performance. The PPV captured the hearts and minds of most car buyers as it brings forth three key things - 7 seats for the extended family, diesel fuel is cheaper, and the bigtime image it brings along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    😂 yung ride height din. Dapat mataas. Also, the bigger the car, the better daw. Kahit na ang sikip sikip na ng mga parking.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    As observed in this forum and in the market, it seems power really isn’t what most people are after. I’ve been a proponent of the Rav 4 with its bigger 2.5L engine, but most will choose the other crossovers with tinier 2.0L engines...
    Isa din sigurong factor ang mahal ng Rav4 compared sa ibang options.

Itong Corolla Cross hopefully bumalik sa smaller size at cheaper price ng older generation na Rav4.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post

Itong Corolla Cross hopefully bumalik sa smaller size at cheaper price ng older generation na Rav4.
    The Xtrail AWD and the Mazda CX5 AWD both have a 2.5L NA engine. The Forester XT has a powerful 2.0L turbo engine. All three compact crossovers are cheaper than the RAV4 TOTL model which is not even AWD.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013

I’m talking about the base Rav 4. At that price I wouldn’t consider those with 2.0L engines.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    The Xtrail AWD and the Mazda CX5 AWD both have a 2.5L NA engine. The Forester XT has a powerful 2.0L turbo engine. All three compact crossovers are cheaper than the RAV4 TOTL model which is not even AWD.

Top of the line models at 2M above will bring in more options. I wouldn’t even look at the Rav 4 at that price. In our case though, and I know its in a different segment... but we just bought a FJ cruiser instead of the Forester XT because of the reliability scare some of the members here said and a friend with a forester XT advised us against buying one.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Top of the line models at 2M above will bring in more options. I wouldn’t even look at the Rav 4 at that price. In our case though, and I know its in a different segment... but we just bought a FJ cruiser instead of the Forester XT because of the reliability scare some of the members here said and a friend with a forester XT advised us against buying one.
    Quite a sad story for your friend. Mr BIG and I both have an FXT as our primary daily driver. So far no complaints naman. Sa SFX community, no big issues din. Yung common complaints with Subarus in general are its suspension bushings need replacement every 3 years and the aircon evaporator is a bit weak (prone to leaks).

We were considering a RAV4 before but most Toyota dealers don’t have them on stock and they don’t offer test drives. Agents would rather push us to buy a Fortuner instead.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    I’m talking about the base Rav 4. At that price I wouldn’t consider those with 2.0L engines.
    Sabagay ano Rav 4 2.5 LE vs. CRV 2.0 S. Halos same price point. Lamang ng Toyota ang engine, other features mukha siyang bare compared sa Honda. Depende siguro sa buyer preference.

(T o p g e a r dot p h)
    https://www.topgear.com.ph/columns/h...-20191223-lfrm

Sa current websites:

Rav 4 LE 1.71 M
    CRV 2.0S 1.67 M

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Other than being thirsty, you can't go wrong w/ an FJ. A bud bought, sold his....tried other cars & went to get a 2nd FJ serving. Keep that, sir. You won't find anything built like it at that range.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    We were considering a RAV4 before but most Toyota dealers don’t have them on stock and they don’t offer test drives. Agents would rather push us to buy a Fortuner instead.
    Iyan din 1 reason (bukod sa mukhang bare), nang sinamahan ko relative para mag cross shop ng RAV 4 LE vs. CRV 2.0S.

Walang stock
    Walang display unit
    Walang test drive
    Walang discount

Parang walang gana ibenta. Nauwi tuloy sa CRV.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Iyan din 1 reason (bukod sa mukhang bare), nang sinamahan ko relative para mag cross shop ng RAV 4 LE vs. CRV 2.0S.

Walang stock
    Walang display unit
    Walang test drive
    Walang discount

Parang walang gana ibenta. Nauwi tuloy sa CRV.
    Even worse, if you want a RAV4, they will tell you it is an intent order and considered sold to you once the stock becomes available. The agent we talked to even said a DP is needed to secure the order.

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast