The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    posting while driving

2. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    the xv isn't an impreza on stilts. its a whole new crossover with an impreza engine, but the cabin is boxier.

only subi that's on stilts is the outback.

the BR-V was design from the ground up to be a 7seater for the asian market. have you tried sitting inside one?
    i think the xv was based on the impreza hatchback

3. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLZ View Post
    i think the xv was based on the impreza hatchback

Yep. I've been to a subaru showroom with the xv and impreza side by side. Literally, the XV is an impreza hatch on stilts. Unlike other crossovers where they may change some body panels from a sedan base to make it more "SUV" like, the XV is just the impreza hatch with a different suspension setup.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by foifoi05 View Post
    i agree, what i'm trying to say is that the "lazy" move to use the exact same body as a crossover. ( Impreza hatchback lifted as the XV, and yes like the Volvo Cross Countries, Audi All Roads ) .

The Honda models you mentioned are the best examples of it. But they are also partially guilty of it with their WR-V and BR-V crossovers.
    It’s not a lazy move. It helps in standardizing manufacturing of cars and its component parts. All manufacturers do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    It’s not a lazy move. It helps in standardizing manufacturing of cars and its component parts. All manufacturers do it.

yes again i agree... of course it cuts cost.... its a personal opinion of mine hence i've added a quotation mark "" on the word lazy. I can also say the same for pickups and their ppv suvs not exerting much effort to differentiate itself from each other (Fortuner and Hilux did a great job)

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    the xv isn't an impreza on stilts. its a whole new crossover with an impreza engine, but the cabin is boxier.

only subi that's on stilts is the outback.

the BR-V was design from the ground up to be a 7seater for the asian market. have you tried sitting inside one?
    the door pretty much screams it came from the same mold :/

Okay, the BRV might be offtopic, but still it is a raised and stretched Brio (okay mobilio) with a different front and rear fascia. Same door panels (lazy, practical or brilliant, depending on how people view it)

btw, i love the Outback <3

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Eh? The Impreza and XV are built on the same platform. It's not just the engine that they share.

They even look identical:

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    This!

musta Jut703, tagal ko na wala sa forums :D
    Last edited by foifoi05; June 16th, 2020 at 12:54 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    musta Jut703, tagal ko na wala sa forums :D
    Welcome back brother! Long time

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    You forget to mention that it makes only 136PS which is less than the oldy and trusty Honda R18 (Civic/HR-V, 141PS/174Nm).

That 136PS/207Nm can be put to good use if the driver will make the engine rev up to 4K to 6k rpm. If that new crossover is anything bigger than the ASX (2.0L at 150PS/197Nm), it might not be sporty enough.

As observed in this forum and in the market, it seems power really isn’t what most people are after. I’ve been a proponent of the Rav 4 with its bigger 2.5L engine, but most will choose the other crossovers with tinier 2.0L engines...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    As observed in this forum and in the market, it seems power really isn’t what most people are after. I’ve been a proponent of the Rav 4 with its bigger 2.5L engine, but most will choose the other crossovers with tinier 2.0L engines...
    Looks sell, as it carries with it the image. Most Pinoy buyers are not too particular about performance. The PPV captured the hearts and minds of most car buyers as it brings forth three key things - 7 seats for the extended family, diesel fuel is cheaper, and the bigtime image it brings along.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    very true observation.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2017

Okay, the BRV might be offtopic, but still it is a raised and stretched Brio (okay mobilio) with a different front and rear fascia. Same door panels (lazy, practical or brilliant, depending on how people view it)
    A bit underwhelming though when perodua can justify making a sedanified wigo that looks different to their version of the wigo for a single market.

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast