New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Got word from sources within the bank that owns ToyotaPH. The Corolla Cross is priced around 1.5M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ang mahal naman... baka TOTL. Pero sabagay, kapresyo na yun ng CX-30 din... Hope they release a base model without most of the useless electronic aids and sensors.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Could have named it the RAV3 hehe
    Puede din RAV5 or C-H4 All New Toyota Corolla Cross

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Got word from sources within the bank that owns ToyotaPH. The Corolla Cross is priced around 1.5M.
    Perhaps that's either a mid-level hybrid? ...or a special top trim variant for the Philippines that's non-hybrid?
    In Thailand, only the base variant is non-hybrid, the other three variants are hybrid.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Perhaps that's either a mid-level hybrid? ...or a special top trim variant for the Philippines that's non-hybrid?
    In Thailand, only the base variant is non-hybrid, the other three variants are hybrid.

which one kaya...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Reliable ba talaga CVT ng Toyota?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    Reliable ba talaga CVT ng Toyota?
    In 2015, Toyota sold 1.34million corollas(worldwide) with their 7spd super cvt.

Heres carcomplaints registry for the corolla 2013-2019(US Market)

Last edited by StockEngine; July 12th, 2020 at 02:39 AM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    In 2015, Toyota sold 1.34million corollas(worldwide) with their 7spd super cvt.

Heres carcomplaints registry for the corolla 2013-2019(US Market)

but how does this compare with the competition?

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    but how does this compare with the competition?
    Compared with Nissan Jatco CVTs? Isn't it already a given those fail way "sooner" in real world?

We have one member here who owns a Sylphy 1.8CVT that had a CVT replacement done less than 50k kms per my recollection.

We don't have any known reports of that happening to a Toyota or Honda with the same generation/age right?

EDIT: By the way, with regards to CVTs, I thought you technically don't specify how many "Gears" it has. But toyota specified 7 speed here. What gives? Is there something different with this CVT?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Compared with Nissan Jatco CVTs? Isn't it already a given those fail way "sooner" in real world?

We have one member here who owns a Sylphy 1.8CVT that had a CVT replacement done less than 50k kms per my recollection.

We don't have any known reports of that happening to a Toyota or Honda with the same generation/age right?

EDIT: By the way, with regards to CVTs, I thought you technically don't specify how many "Gears" it has. But toyota specified 7 speed here. What gives? Is there something different with this CVT?
    my old 2003 lancer cedia cvt had those "step" gears.
    they're pre-set gear ratios that one may choose, when over-riding the car's otherwise seamless gear ratios. the dash LED would tell me what "gear" i was in.
    after over 100K km (by previous owner; i bought it second hand), that 2003 cvt didn't give me any problems during the several years that i owned it.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 12th, 2020 at 10:29 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post

For CVTs, the supposedly gears are preset electronically. The tranny would shift itself to the right gear to match engine output to keep the car performing in the right power band and to optimize fuel efficiency.

In the case of Subaru, the CVTs have 6 preset gears in both Intelligent and Sport modes. For turbocharged Subarus, the high torque CVT has 8 gears when running at Sport# mode. The paddle shifters come handy when driving in Sport# mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast