New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    The V is 1.7M+ tapos wala pang sunroof. Hard to justify if its purpose is to be a coding-avoiding city car.

I agree. Note that you're spending 1.763M for a model which essentially came out 4 years ago and is smaller than a CX-5, CR-V, Territory, etc.

And IMHO, I don't see how the extra features of the V are THAT compelling for me to shell out an extra 265 kiyao. For that amount of money, one can have more fun with a new Vespa, ADV, or dirt bike instead.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Reverse cam/backup sensor pwede pa maging dealbreaker. For the G Corolla Cross it has just enough sensors and cameras not to make me miss ADAS. The V is 1.7M+ tapos wala pang sunroof. Hard to justify if its purpose is to be a coding-avoiding city car.
    yung akin naman... you can add the reverse cam and back-up sensor...

pero ADAS - I don't think its possible to add

pero personal opinion lang naman...

nung 2018 - I told my wife na ang hirap bumili ng car na walang DRL, back-up sensor and camera (sensor and camera were 50K additional from Honda)
    2022 - ADAS is a must

2023 - parang ang weird to buy a car na walang oversized battery...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Buy the one with the active safety features ... if it saves you once or twice from having an incident then it's worth the extra cost ...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    naalala ko tuloy yung FX namin... walang seatbelt! when the seatbelt was required, nakaka-inis na manual adjust yung seatbelt namin.

I think pati yung CD-5 ng classmate ko was released without a seatbelt

small things, pero if you can live without it, then good for you.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    to shell out an extra 265 kiyao. For that amount of money, one can have more fun with a new Vespa, ADV, or dirt bike instead.
    you don't buy a bike kasi may extra savings ka from somewhere...

just buy a bike. explain later

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    The 1.5G is good enough for me tbh

My current car doesnt even have a rear camera and Ive never found ADAS useful when I borrow other people's car. Except maybe radar cruise control for road trips up north.

But then again, if it becomes my only car, I would wish that I spent extra for the other features like leather seats and a nicer interior. ADAS is merely a bonus and not a decision driver.

Decisions, Decisions.

CX-5, Crosstrek, and HRV are nice but arent hybrids so I cannot use it as an only car.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Corolla Cross's interior, even on the GR variant, doesn't come close to the CX-5 or even the cheaper Mazda 3 (mild hybrid only tho).

If I had the money it would have been the CX-5 Turbo. But I don't have the money

You might want to consider the Altis hybrid if you don't really need a crossover.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Mazda 3 is incredibly tempting, unfortunately the hybrid is not included in the coding exemption and sedans are less desirable as "only cars." I prefer sedans but I guess its time to get something more practical since my age is about to be "lampas sa calendaryo.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637