New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 162
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,317
    #41
    toyota should drop the 1.6 engine in favor of a base 1.8 model like the civic..these days, a 1.6 engine on a compact car is just not value enough anymore..subcompacts are a different story though

  2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,283
    #42
    GANDA!!! looks WAAAAY better than the civic

  3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    23
    #43
    Quote Originally Posted by devdevlin View Post
    baguhan lng mga tol. kung totoo man ang tsmis na ilalabas na to early 2008 sa tingin nyo ibabagsak nila presyo ng current altis model?
    Just got back from Toyota Makati and saw from their price list that the current Altis has a 50K discount.

  4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,126
    #44
    Quote Originally Posted by kewldude View Post
    Just got back from Toyota Makati and saw from their price list that the current Altis has a 50K discount.
    actually sa website ng toyota 70k ang discount sa altis, 30k sa vios at innova...ndi sila pare pareho in toyota shaw 60k discount on altis, 20k on vios and innova...10k goes to selected accessories...

  5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,126
    #45
    Quote Originally Posted by honismitoy View Post
    Any idea on the pricing? 700ish?
    expected to be least at 50k more than the current model....

  6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    22,710
    #46
    Actually, I wouldn't mind if they kept the current 1.6. It's a pretty good performer... and should remain that way in the next Altis if the weight doesn't go up too much. Plus, it's very fuel efficient.

    Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

  7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    120
    #47
    i have always wondered why they wont drop the "altis" name from our corolla. it just sounds as if we recieve 3rd world corollas...

  8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    14,824
    #48
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzmage_89 View Post
    i have always wondered why they wont drop the "altis" name from our corolla. it just sounds as if we recieve 3rd world corollas...
    +1 on this...

    Toyota Corolla Altis... that's already a handful for a run of the mill compact sedan. Toyota Corolla should be sufficient already as the Corolla name already has a long history.

  9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    651
    #49
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    toyota should drop the 1.6 engine in favor of a base 1.8 model like the civic..these days, a 1.6 engine on a compact car is just not value enough anymore..subcompacts are a different story though
    ako naman i feel they should keep the 1.6 considering our driving conditions.

  10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,317
    #50
    1.6 is frugal yes...but honda was able to fit the new civic with a more powerful 1.8 engine AND have the fuel efficiency of a 1.5/1.6 engine..IMO laki ng lamang in this aspect. good power + fuel efficient at the same time...instead of settling for a regular 1.6 for fuel efficiency..
    Last edited by BlueBimmer; May 20th, 2007 at 10:04 AM.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
All New Toyota Corolla