New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    that's terrible! and the guy never jumped his truck?
    bad bad toyota!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mas matibay pa pala ang fx/revo dyan?

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Major structural failure here . That buckling could be caused by the type of metal that they used or maybe the owner joined the Rainforest Challenge

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Apparently, there have been a lot of FJ Cruiser owners na barely modded and they get this bulges/dents of some sort..i guess the structural integrity of the body/chassis is in question here...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    wow thats bad news. and to think. the fj is supposedly the successor to the fj40 before. which can take hits and bumps. and more of those.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I was going to say that a dozen guys online doesn't constitute a problem, since a lot of enthusiast communities have reports on problems that are linked to hard driving... which goes unreported by owners trying to claim things under warranty... but that one really takes the cake... even considering the moderate off-roading those guys do, a ripped chassis is just unbelieveable for a vehicle designed after 2000.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I was going to say that a dozen guys online doesn't constitute a problem, since a lot of enthusiast communities have reports on problems that are linked to hard driving... which goes unreported by owners trying to claim things under warranty... but that one really takes the cake... even considering the moderate off-roading those guys do, a ripped chassis is just unbelieveable for a vehicle designed after 2000.
    Isn't the FJ Cruiser supposedly an Off Road capable vehicle? If so, then why are some of those stock FJ Cruisers even some new 08's have bulging/dents on the crumple zone? Of course Toyota will deny any warranty claim because they don't have a fix for it. No recalls as of today not until they think of a solution for this issue.

An Off Road capable vehicle should be built tough like a rock right? because that's what they're made for isn't it? my :twocents:

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's the big issue.

A lot of sports cars should be made strong enough to withstand the stress of hard driving... which makes issues like Mazdaspeed3s in the US with failing engine mounts worrisome.

But that's just a handful of units, out of thousands of owners. This seems like a much bigger problem than those reported on most internet clubs.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
So do you think the Toyota FJ Cruiser is tough? Think AGAIN