New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    thanks! i saw somebody mentioned about the adventure? are they any better than the revo's

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    actually its a toss between a pickup and a revo type vehicle ang choice ko just for a change, sawa nako kotse eh. pero would consider a car pag may bago this coming 2005. thanks!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO.

i'd rather get a ride (with your buget, most probably a compact sedan) equipped with the proper safety equipment (ABS, EBD, airbags, rear disc-brakes);

rather than an full-option vehicle (LCDs, leather seats, body cladding) without the said safety devices.

I wouldn't compromise safety over amenities.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Originally posted by jeh_beh
    thanks! i saw somebody mentioned about the adventure? are they any better than the revo's
    Ako yun. Regarding your query, expect a biased reply, kasi Adventure owner ako eh, hahahahaha.

Seriously, one major improvement ng Adventure ngayon is the exterior styling, particularly the front fascia. Sabi nga ng tita ko, mukhang matapang daw, parang naghahamon ng away. Then improved na rin ang suspension. I was able to make the comparison because my in-laws own an earlier model Adventure. What I like most are the front-facing third row seats, na foldable 50/50. This is an advantage over the Revo's third row seats na hindi split-fold.

We could go on and on about the virtues of the Adventure, or the Revo, or the Crosswind. Pero in the end, nasa iyo ang choice. Go see all models, try them out, compare and then make your decision based on what you really need in a vehicle. Whatever model you get, here's hoping that it will serve you well for years to come.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'd say both the Adventure and Revo would have a better ride than the Crosswind... but then I'm biased... I own a Crosswind! :D :D :D

Kidding aside, the new Crosswinds also have a better ride than previous ones, but still far from the comfort of a car.

Bogeyman is right, it's really up to you, jeh_beh... shop around and don't be afraid to leave the dealerships with no commitments made. If you can get a test-drive, DO SO... so you'll know what you're getting into.

mazdamazda, if I could have, I would have specified ABS and airbags (anaknangp*tsa, I've already had a minor scrape because of lack of ABS!!! Damn trucks!), but sadly, there's no incentives to AUV makers to add these... but if you remember this and drive carefully and ALWAYS use your seatbelts (I don't care how much my companions bitch, the car doesn't move until they're on!), it should be 90% okay.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Originally posted by niky
    mazdamazda, if I could have, I would have specified ABS and airbags (anaknangp*tsa, I've already had a minor scrape because of lack of ABS!!! Damn trucks!), but sadly, there's no incentives to AUV makers to add these... but if you remember this and drive carefully and ALWAYS use your seatbelts (I don't care how much my companions bitch, the car doesn't move until they're on!), it should be 90% okay.
    Dashhhhh right! *hic*

Even the most advanced safety features in the world won't make a car foolproof. Neither the features nor the reputation of Mercedes-Benz saved Princess Diana from being killed in a car crash.

When on the road, apart from the fancy features that a vehicle has to offer, the most important thing is the human factor.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Originally posted by jeh_beh
    actually its a toss between a pickup and a revo type vehicle ang choice ko just for a change, sawa nako kotse eh. pero would consider a car pag may bago this coming 2005. thanks!
    paano na ngayon yan... the revo INNOVA in 2005 is a new upgrade of the revo... revo na bagong model pa... hehehehe...

bogeyman, adventure lover din ako... kaya lang have you seen the revo INNOVA? third row seats are also front facing with 50/50 fold... and looks like they've upgraded other features as well (suspension, safety, etc)... the 2004 Adventure is is going to have a tough competitor with the revo INNOVA next year.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I've seen the Revo Innova. Er, the silhouette reminds me of a dugong -- with wheels, hehehe.

Pero I agree, the Adventure could use a little more boost in the safety department.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    parang mas gus2 ko pa din yng porma ng revo now sa pang labas ha! kaysa sa bagong revo innova! parang minivan n ewan e! but mas gusto ko yung features niya and yung loob! but the outside look! parang cross bread na minivan and station wagon e! not that appealing sa akin. what do you thing mga tol?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Which is the better choice?

REVO GL 1.8 GAS (698K) / REVO DLX 1.8 GAS (663K)

OR

REVO DLX 2.4 DIESEL (690K)

1.8Gas or 2.4 Diesel?

And why?

Thanks in advance.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
advice which REVO to choose?