New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Newbie po. Can the 3rd row seats of the Innova j be rearranged that instead of facing the front would now face the sides?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    i dont think so,its practically impossible, but 3rd row seats can be removed though. and even if the seats can be moved to face each other, only small kids or midgets would be able to sit in it without banging their knees against people sitting across them.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ,,,mukhang mahirap ata yan ah!!!!
    ,,,sabagay wala namang imposible sa atin pagdating sa ganyan, kailangan mo lang ng shop na magaling magconvert niyan....''''

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by willvill View Post
    Newbie po. Can the 3rd row seats of the Innova j be rearranged that instead of facing the front would now face the sides?
    That would have been possible if the 10 seater rule was still in effect. Toyota would have fabricated it. But it would be a good idea as this will lure shuttle and transport companies... i think.

OT: it would be a challenge if they did this on the Avanza...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bratski View Post
    i dont think so,its practically impossible, but 3rd row seats can be removed though. and even if the seats can be moved to face each other, only small kids or midgets would be able to sit in it without banging their knees against people sitting across them.

salamat po. But I thought the Innova j is wider than the Adventure.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    salamat po. But I thought the Innova j is wider than the Adventure.
    With some ingenuity, it could be done. But, you have to replace the seats with the ones similar to FX. Also, you need to put a door opening device so the rear door could be opened from the inside. Also you would need a rear step board so the rear passengers could comfortably mount and dismount.

If I were you, I won't do it.

:coffee: [SIZE="1"]3965[/SIZE]

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    With some ingenuity, it could be done. But, you have to replace the seats with the ones similar to FX. Also, you need to put a door opening device so the rear door could be opened from the inside. Also you would need a rear step board so the rear passengers could comfortably mount and dismount.

If I were you, I won't do it.

:coffee: [SIZE=1]3965[/SIZE]

Maraming hassles pala. The idea of converting the 3rd row seats is feasible but impractical due to complexities and and obviously costs.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Maraming hassles pala. The idea of converting the 3rd row seats is feasible but impractical due to complexities and and obviously costs.
    Or swap your car to Crosswind XT/XUV.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You can fabricate adapter plates for Crosswind third row side-facing seats to mount to the brackets for the Innova seats. From what I recall, the brackets for the Innova are very heavy duty... and it won't cost too much. You just have to find a shop that understands what you want to do. Only problem is the curved sides of the Innova may make mounting the back-rests problematic.

In my opinion, the Avanza third row doesn't need conversion... it's much roomier than the Innova third row, as it is.
    Last edited by niky; January 3rd, 2009 at 03:22 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bratski View Post
    I think youll be able to seat only 2 pass if the seats are made facing each other. Innova/Avanza are not that long as compared to Revo/Tamaraws.

What I dont buy is the idea that side facing seat causes "hilo" on long travels. Of course you have to stop every 2 hrs, and nobody is stopping your pass to exchange seats. Eh kung sa passenger jeep nga nadadala sa Bagiuo. Palusot lang ata ito para sa mga manufacturers to shorten their vehicles and save money on the process.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
About 3rd row seata of Innova j