New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Normal po ba to get 7km/l only on a 9 year old Altis E (1.6 AT)?

Traffic condition is moderate to heavy, and a short trip at that - at around 6 kms only.

Hindi po ba malakas yun?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    That's quite normal. Short trips are actually bad for FE. What's your freeway FE?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Thanks for the reply oj. I've only had this car for a few days and I've not been on the highway on it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    That's quite normal. Short trips are actually bad for FE. What's your freeway FE?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gerald_g View Post
    Normal po ba to get 7km/l only on a 9 year old Altis E (1.6 AT)?

Traffic condition is moderate to heavy, and a short trip at that - at around 6 kms only.

Hindi po ba malakas yun?

Thanks!
    I have an Altis 1.6E MT and city driving gets me around 8 km/L Pasig to Makati during the usual traffic hours of 7-9 am and 6-8 pm. I think your FC is just right for an automatic.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Got it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post
    I have an Altis 1.6E MT and city driving gets me around 8 km/L Pasig to Makati during the usual traffic hours of 7-9 am and 6-8 pm. I think your FC is just right for an automatic.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's pretty normal. 6 kms is a VERY short trip. On trips like that, even 1.3s can get as low as 7.5-8.5 km/l.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yeah, it's pretty normal. Traffic pa.

You could try & use the freeway next time para mapangiti ka naman sa efficiency ng Altis mo. ;)

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Thanks Niky and Renzo! I'm somehow relieved to hear that it's just normal, my actual route is from ortigas extension to tektite in ortigas cbd.

I hope to drive in some hiway soon so i can measure this car's fc in long freeway drive.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Yes thats normal. But 7km/li is lowest i got so far, and that's during mid sunny afternoon and "gapang" yung traffic. normally my average is 8.5km/li sa city rush hours. Provincial highway driving is 14km/li.

7km/l on 2002 Altis E AT normal ba?