New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    For the Innova mainly no contest.

But in the past, the only other models that were at least AUV at the time innova first gen sold was Mitsubishi Adventure and the Isuzu Crosswind, both of which I recall were put to pasture at the end of Innova 2nd gen lifetime (if I am not mistaken). For the gas model, while the Innova was still being sold with that option, similar pricepoint was also Mitsubishi Grandis I think (tama ba pangalan) and Nissan Serena but both of them could not compete as they did not have any diesel option.

Currently, only the Okavango seems to be duking it out with the Innova, but they could only "dent" it, not by much though through sheer marketshare of the Innova for its class/pricepoint. hehe!

I am honestly waiting for what this new gen Innova "will be" and price point.

Still can't believe an Innova E MT now starts at 1.3m php. When the first gen launched, less than 900k php back in 2005. But based on an Inflation Calculator,

Philippine Inflation Calculator – CreatifWerks

"₱ 865,000.00 back in 2005 is worth Purchasing Power Value of ₱ 1,618,947.96 in 2021" So I'm guessing the 1.3m php is a bargain =)
    iba naman market noon compared sa ngayon...

nung time ng Fusion, pati ako mahilig sa diesel kasi matipid naman talaga ng malayo (plus the fact na mas mura diesel noon)
    pero yung officemates ko noon na parang tito ko na (retired na sila ngayon), may naka Fusion and Gas Revo/Adventure (di kasi pwede diesel sa "gas allowance" namin)

ngayong ako na yung tito, hybrid na ang matipid.

yung generation ngayon, wala nang paki alam. basta automatic (and may CarPlay) ok sa kanila.

yung brother in law ko nga (late 20s), tuwang tuwa sa (2nd hand, 1st Gen) Fortuner na nakuha nya pang coding... nung hiniram ko nagulat ako na Gas pala.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Clarification for the Cross. It states in Wikipedia that the 1.8 Corolla Cross has a 6.5Ah NiMH (hindi din pala Li-ion). The hybrid system it does not state the voltage but I am assuming 400v right?
    As per the dismantling manual the battery is 200V.

Source: Toyota Corolla Cross Hybrid Vehicle Dismantling Manual | toyota-tech.eu (page 18)

3. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    yup. other than the Innova, gas na lahat ng MPV sa market natin. kaya sabi ko walang kalaban ang Innova presently.

pero if the next gen is a full hybrid, malamang di na hahanapin yung diesel version. and ano naman magagawa ng buyer kung wala na talaga yung option?
    May gas version ulit ito panigurado. Sana yung 2.5L dynamic force engine that was used in the camry and rav4. Kung 2.0 M20A-FKS puede na rin, still more powerful than the old 2.0L 1TR-FE.

I also read somewhere an Indonesian auto news site na ireretain or iproduce parin yung RWD current gen Innova for fleet markets. There might still a chance to get a new RWD diesel Innova.

For PHDM possible yung RWD lineup is 2.8J, 2.8E or 2.8G. The TOTL V or Q doon na sa FWD hybrid version.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    As per the dismantling manual the battery is 200V.

Source: Toyota Corolla Cross Hybrid Vehicle Dismantling Manual | toyota-tech.eu (page 18)
    If at 200V, then the battery pack of the Corolla Cross is about 1.3kWh then about 60% the size of the pack inside the Kicks. So cheaper to manufacture (NiMH vs Li-ion) plus smaller pack size. It is a parallel Hybrid though so it is more "complex" mechanically because the 2 powertrains work together or, if the battery fails, the gas powerplant can still move the car in the worst case scenario (per my understanding of how Toyota's hybrid system works).

Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    iba naman market noon compared sa ngayon...

yung generation ngayon, wala nang paki alam. basta automatic (and may CarPlay) ok sa kanila.

yung brother in law ko nga (late 20s), tuwang tuwa sa (2nd hand, 1st Gen) Fortuner na nakuha nya pang coding... nung hiniram ko nagulat ako na Gas pala.
    The previous gen Gas Fortuner is a good city car for me. Its 2.7 Gas Engine is "good enough" without wasting a lot of fuel in the city during idling. At least for me. It's more than ample compared to the 2.0 Gas Engine they put inside the Innova. Best FC we got on our first gen in the City was just 6 to 6.5km/l (Best). Highway was just 10 to 11km/l. It wasn't frugal at all (parang mas matakaw pa sa 2.4 Camry that time), and we had a manual Innova. But, we really didn't want to sell it but na-"Ondoy". And it was sold for cheap to be a parts car. Seller knew what they were buying because the computer box was shot and needed replacement to even attempt running the thing.

If the Innova Hybrid does get launched, will it pack a 2.5L engine like the Camry and RAV4 Hybrid to make the configuration/design more ubiquitous? It won't make sense to fit it with the same hybrid drivetrain as the Corolla Cross and Altis HEV models as the hp and torque figures will be below the old 2.0 Gas Innova figures by a significant margin.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    I also read somewhere an Indonesian auto news site na ireretain or iproduce parin yung RWD current gen Innova for fleet markets. There might still a chance to get a new RWD diesel Innova.

For PHDM possible yung RWD lineup is 2.8J, 2.8E or 2.8G. The TOTL V or Q doon na sa FWD hybrid version.
    this makes sense since locally made naman yung Innova

Pero the next Gen is rumored to use the same platform as the Corolla Cross and Altis, both cars are not manufactured here

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    2023 Toyota Innova Features Ground-Up Redesign; Introduces Hybrid Powerplant To MPV | CarGuide

Launched globally in Indonesia, the 6 to 8-seater MPV features an entirely new product philosophy. For one, the rear-wheel drive, body-on-frame platform has been changed for a unibody (monocoque) construction. The Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA-C) also means that the Innova is now a front-wheel drive.

Under the hood, the Innova adopts a 2.0-liter gasoline engine in both standard electrified and non-electrified forms. When equipped with the hybrid, this engine delivers 175 horsepower while still managing to deliver up to 23 km/L. This is a 50 percent improvement in both fuel mileage and CO2 emissions compared to the current model.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Not available in Thailand???

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Sayang hindi na naka balik yan as " tamarraw fx" nameplate.. hehe

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast