New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The same people who buys the Honda Jazz or City. They don’t need the extra space of an Innova but they want the bling in small cars, paying almost the same as the bigger compact (Altis or Civic).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, my family has a city vx but it's a lot cheaper than this vios gr-s tho. Its price is the reason why i thought of the bigger ute. The 1.5 g would suffice but for those who like this new variant, at least it's there.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    The same people who buys the Honda Jazz or City. They don’t need the extra space of an Innova but they want the bling in small cars, paying almost the same as the bigger compact (Altis or Civic).

In my case, I prefer driving a car.

There are a lot of cars in our family. Have owned and driven different cars na din.

I know there are pick-ups na comfortable din (like the F150)

But the driving position, the ride height and madami pang ibang reasons, I always prefer a car

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    In my case, I prefer driving a car.

There are a lot of cars in our family. Have owned and driven different cars na din.

I know there are pick-ups na comfortable din (like the F150)

But the driving position, the ride height and madami pang ibang reasons, I always prefer a car
    I would say the same. However, CUVs drive like cars on stilts unlike the PPVs which are more like pickups.

In the case of the FXT, it’s nimble for its size but an Accord or Mazda6 drives better. With the FXT though, I can bring it almost anywhere.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I would say the same. However, CUVs drive like cars on stilts unlike the PPVs which are more like pickups.

In the case of the FXT, it’s nimble for its size but an Accord or Mazda6 drives better. With the FXT though, I can bring it almost anywhere.

my wife thinks its psychological...

driving around the city, slowing down when the road becomes bumpy, thinking if the humps or slope is too high for my car

yes, a crossover drives like a car with a higher ground clearance which will make everyone in my family happy.

My final word every time I have a car vs everything else conversation...

2001 - wow, Dom and Brian are so cool
    2006 - wow, we Asians can drive fast too
    2020/21 - huh, now we wanted to be like Hobbs?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Back to the topic

First drive: Does the Toyota Vios GR-S look sporty enough to warrant consideration? | TopGear PH

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014

But those cuvs are priced around P1.5m or more tho and the ones in that price range aren't even the high-end trims yet. Though yes, they offer better comfort than rugged ppvs. Btw, is ground clearance a problem when loaded? It's one thing i don't like with subcompacts these days.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    But those cuvs are priced around P1.5m or more tho and the ones in that price range aren't even the high-end trims yet. Though yes, they offer better comfort than rugged ppvs. Btw, is ground clearance a problem when loaded? It's one thing i don't like with subcompacts these days.
    Never had a problem with ground clearance with the FXT. It has the same ground clearance as PPVs. Even with 5 passengers plus cargo, the FXT holds up well and can even cruise at over 150kmh with ease.

There are small crossovers at the 1M price range that are quite decent. The Geely Coolray Sport is a good deal at 1.2M. It drives very well, even better than the Mitsubishi ASX.

BTT: it will be a hard sell for a Vios priced like an Altis and you only get the body kits for the price premium. Unless it comes with a more powerful engine and better features, you’d be better off with an Altis or Civic for the same price.

Last edited by Egan101; March 16th, 2021 at 11:31 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    BTT: it will be a hard sell for a Vios priced like an Altis and you only get the body kits for the price premium. Unless it comes with a more powerful engine and better features, you’d be better off with an Altis or Civic for the same price.
    Corolla Altis 1.6 G A/T is ₱ 1,130,000 that's a good 110K price difference against the GR-S

Compared to the Honda side where the TOTL City and entry level Civic is only separated by 57K

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Never had a problem with ground clearance with the FXT. It has the same ground clearance as PPVs. Even with 5 passengers plus cargo, the FXT holds up well and can even cruise at over 150kmh with ease.

There are small crossovers at the 1M price range that are quite decent. The Geely Coolray Sport is a good deal at 1.2M. It drives very well, even better than the Mitsubishi ASX.

Ah i see. For a five seater they would be a lot desirable if they're a bit cheaper than ppvs. At least they aren't prone to scraping their bottoms compared to compacts or subcompacts. Not a fan of small crossovers but the territory is good-looking imo. Meanwhile i still have my doubts sa geely brand although interestingly, the entry-level coolray is cheaper than this vios gr-s.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013

10. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    I wonder who'd buy a million pesos vios when they can buy a slightly used innova e/g 2.8 diesel for a similar price.
    this is for the people that only drives/owns sedans and hatchbacks and doesn't want the utility or largeness of an MPV or an SUV.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast