New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    siguro kung naka manual transmission ramdam yan increase in power.. pero kung CVT baka wala din.. sayang yung upgrade..

balik na lang ng toyota yung mga legendary engine nila from corolla.. yung black top, silver top.. hehe gusto ng mga tuners yan di ba

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    ^adding a turbo will add power kaso halos engine lang matitira sa current set-up ng Vios -> too expensive for such a small market

reflashing the ECU to gain 5%hp towards the max RPM is technically free (it will look better on paper and guys buying the car will feel a bit better)

as I said, nothing against this model, I am a fan of skirts/spoilers as long as the car rolls out of the dealership with it (no outside mods for me)

New CVT is a nice step forward. Hope to see this new tranny in other variants of the Vios in the future.
    Ford had proven that you can sell a small car with a turbocharged engine at the same price as the competition. The Fiesta Ecoboost was offered locally for around 5 years at the same price as a top-end Jazz/City/Vios.

The Fox 1.0L 3-cylinder turbo even offered better power and torque than 1.6L NA engines. Sadly, the dry-clutch DCT proved to be unreliable for some. Thank goodness my Fiesta Ecoboost didn’t give me problems when I owned it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Ford had proven that you can sell a small car with a turbocharged engine at the same price as the competition. The Fiesta Ecoboost was offered locally for around 5 years at the same price as a top-end Jazz/City/Vios.

The Fox 1.0L 3-cylinder turbo even offered better power and torque than 1.6L NA engines. Sadly, the dry-clutch DCT proved to be unreliable for some. Thank goodness my Fiesta Ecoboost didn’t give me problems when I owned it.

agree... pero adding a Turbo will need a new intake and exhaust, new injectors, new radiator then you need to reflash the ECU

Reflashing the ECU alone (no other mods) will easily give them 5-8% better numbers which can be useful on paper (basically, "yabang lang sa mga bibili" ), at technically zero cost to them

The Vios OMR was sold at 1.4M, biggest difference was that it had a manual transmission.

Although I agree that using a manual transmission should have given the car a "sportier" feel compared to the "10 speed CVT," again its too much cost (for TMPC) to make the necessary mods.

Anyway, I'm not the market for this car and at 1M will probably add a bit to get the entry level Civic.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    When I was younger, I remember wanting body kits on a car. Maybe it was the influence from playing Need for Speed or Gran Turismo. So I installed body kits on our Lancer, thinking it was badass. Expectations were far from reality. They kept scraping and looked very beat up just after a year. After one nasty scrape, the front skirt came loose and dangled while the car was running. Sumasayad na sa daan. Ang ingay tapos pinagtitinginan ako. It was an embarrassing experience. After that, I just removed the body kits and swore never to install on any car.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I have 2 officemates who each bought a Fortuner. One got the TOTL and the other the TRD version. The former then bought imitation body kits from Banawe and Lazada for a fraction of the cost from Toyota. At 20feet, they both look the same.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    I have 2 officemates who each bought a Fortuner. One got the TOTL and the other the TRD version. The former then bought imitation body kits from Banawe and Lazada for a fraction of the cost from Toyota. At 20feet, they both look the same.
    Walang basagan ng trip! I can’t understand people who has a hard-on for body kits. Hahahaha

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    at kilatis distance,
    do the cheaper add-ons look and feel cheap?

in my case kasi,
    when i bolt on an add-on,
    the most important target to impress is me-the-owner.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    When I was younger, I remember wanting body kits on a car. Maybe it was the influence from playing Need for Speed or Gran Turismo. So I installed body kits on our Lancer, thinking it was badass. Expectations were far from reality. They kept scraping and looked very beat up just after a year. After one nasty scrape, the front skirt came loose and dangled while the car was running. Sumasayad na sa daan. Ang ingay tapos pinagtitinginan ako. It was an embarrassing experience. After that, I just removed the body kits and swore never to install on any car.
    ganyan din ako nung early 2000s

ikot ikot for the right body kits/mags

fast forward to 20 years later. no mods outside the dealership except for the headunit (Android Auto/CarPlay is very important to me now)

as for the scrapping issue... sanay na ako to take care of the kits. in my head, may ibang cars na mas mababa talaga than the others (e.g. BMW and Audi) so regardless of what car I drive (except for Crossovers and SUVs), ingat talaga kapag nasa humps and slopes

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Walang basagan ng trip! I can’t understand people who has a hard-on for body kits. Hahahaha

beauty is always in the ayes of the beholder.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    at kilatis distance,
    do the cheaper add-ons look and feel cheap?

in my case kasi,
    when i bolt on an add-on,
    the most important target to impress is me-the-owner.
    It passes the 20 foot rule, so its good enough.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast