New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 78 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by xuled View Post
    Affected din po ba ung 2.4 AT 4x2? I'm still waiting for my unit and if 4x2 are also affected i will not hesitate to consider other brand.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONETOUCH Flash Plus using Tapatalk
    i have new fortuner 2016 2.4L V no problem like that very responsive, quiet and comfortable maybe isolated case lng

2. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    That's one of the cons when acquiring newly launched model. It's a 50-50 game. But once you get your luck then nothing beats the joy/satisfaction with it..
    your right! the new fortuner is a good ride having own both isuzu and mits i say this one will really be very satisfactory

3. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by turbocharger 71 View Post
    i have new fortuner 2016 2.4L V no problem like that very responsive, quiet and comfortable maybe isolated case lng
    congrats!
    by the way with many cases starting from hilux at hindi lang dito sa pinas still isolated case? I hope tmp should address this issue asap. nong nagtest drive ako ng all new Fortuner tinanong ko din itong jerky transmission sabi ng SA sinisiraan lang daw, well yong unit na gamit namin walang issue smooth na smooth ang shifting, pero naisip ko din mga mga owner at nakaexperience ng issue lalo may mga nabasa narin ako dito, it's not fair.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    i have closely observed the 2.4g last night and this is my observation. you will feel the difference if you are used to the old fortuner. in my case, my latest 2014 that i sold. in downshifting or descend from speed above 40, it kinda tells you that yes you have reached 40 slowing down by a very small negligent slip feel sakto pag tama ng 40. there is no jerk feel and banayad naman on both power and eco mode.

hth.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    i have closely observed the 2.4g last night and this is my observation. you will feel the difference if you are used to the old fortuner. in my case, my latest 2014 that i sold. in downshifting or descend from speed above 40, it kinda tells you that yes you have reached 40 slowing down by a very small negligent slip feel sakto pag tama ng 40. there is no jerk feel and banayad naman on both power and eco mode.

hth.
    I havent driven a fortuner but why would I want to know the speed is 40?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    You'll on feel the jerking when you're on power mode. But will not feel it kapag naka eco or normal mode na.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    It seems like the thais have issues with the 2.4 AT transmission. Transmission is jerking during downshifts. Our forts are from indonesia but they share the same Aisin tranny. They are pointing towards the tcm&ecu.

Anyways i think cox is the first one to have this similar issue. Not alot of forum members yet with the new forts.
    i own 2.4V AT no problem on transmission very powerful and comfortable to drive i dont see any connection for the batch of fortuner coming from Indonesia its an isolated case

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by turbocharger 71 View Post
    i own 2.4V AT no problem on transmission very powerful and comfortable to drive i dont see any connection for the batch of fortuner coming from Indonesia its an isolated case
    Not all are affected. Intermittent case imo.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Coming from a ford ecosport titanium with dct tranny that was notorious for shuddering and jerking issues. it would be a big dissapointment if our 2.4V unit has it. So far have not experienced jerkiness on the tranny. Odo is at 300+kms

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Looks like 2.4 4x2 has an isolated case of jerkyness sa tranny. Madami na ako nakuha report for the 4x4 jerkyness in my opinion stay away form the 4x4 save your hard earned cash. Untill now TMP cant give me a good answer what will they do. The keep on sending tech team to look at my unit. Cant even use the unit any more insurance and monthly payment started already. TMP officers if you can read this pls help and do something about it. Im a toyota loyalist hindi ko kayo sinisiraan im just asking our fellow fort unit owners if they expience this kind of problem. Because toyota keep on telling me its normal. Makes me feel stupid. Well TMP your as stupid kayo, one of the biggest auto maker in the world and you cant solve the problem.