New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 96 of 529 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by battouter View Post
    They are counting on the stupid Filipino consumerism kase "Toyota". Had the Fortuner only been equipped much like Everest, MU-X or MS counterparts and not stripped down, I would've turned a blind eye on the horrible suspension. Every review from Australia you come across of every variant of the Fortuner says if you are driving 90% of the time on paved surfaces, you should be looking to get something else. I gave my reservation for an Eve Titanium 4x2 to a friend who got the unit in January because I wanted to wait for the Fort V 4x2 only to be disappointed. Fort V 4x2 * 1.7+m, the thing that pissed me off was the removal of the side and curtain airbags at sa TOTL lang. Dios ko po! Kun hindi ako nagkakamali, kahit yung mas murang Eve Trend meron nito. Dito ko rin nalaman na pinalitan ng walang kwentang Toyota ang HU ng AVT brand tapos wala pang reverse cam.
    It's not too late to get an Everest or Monty.

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L01 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    According to my SA, Feb 25 is the official launch of the 2016 Fortuner in Bohol; in March, display units will be made available at the dealerships; and in the 1st week of April, units would be made available to the public. Not sure if those who paid the 20k reservation fee have a different timetable though

3. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Ok, just read Niky's review on TGP's Feb issue. From reading it who else thinks the ride quality is still sub-par?

I like how he tiptoed around it though. I doubt I'd have been able to phrase it that delicately. Hehe.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Australian reviews also confirm this. The rear is not as good as the everest and montero.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    Ok, just read Niky's review on TGP's Feb issue. From reading it who else thinks the ride quality is still sub-par?

I like how he tiptoed around it though. I doubt I'd have been able to phrase it that delicately. Hehe.
    Agree, only shows how good Nicky is not only on rides and stuff but how good he is on writing.

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L01 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    But, but, Toyota claims the suspension was tuned in Australia too! Like the Everest. Oh well, here's hoping it's just the dampers, not the springs or anything else.

We need this car, it's either this or the NP300 based SUV that's probably a year away.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    But, but, Toyota claims the suspension was tuned in Australia too! Like the Everest. Oh well, here's hoping it's just the dampers, not the springs or anything else.

We need this car, it's either this or the NP300 based SUV that's probably a year away.
    Australians will tell you bluntly, if you are planning to buy the fortuner primarily on paved city raods. prepare to get disappointed.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    My thinking is Toyota tuned the Fort's rear differently from the Innova so meron option. Kasi ang dami pa rin bumibili ng Fort - Even the outgoing model dami naglalabas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    My thinking is Toyota tuned the Fort's rear differently from the Innova so meron option. Kasi ang dami pa rin bumibili ng Fort - Even the outgoing model dami naglalabas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

madami bumili ng outgoing model kasi malaki discount. Same din sa montero sports saka old everest. 2014 nga 39k lang all-in ng everest hehehe!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    madami bumili ng outgoing model kasi malaki discount. Same din sa montero sports saka old everest. 2014 nga 39k lang all-in ng everest hehehe!
    How much cash discount sa outgoing Fort?
    P200k sa outgoing Monty. A friend just got one.

2016 Toyota Fortuner