New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 90 of 529 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    ^Except that at over 2M apiece now, it's not very low-cost anymore...
    2m na kahit man lang sa rear park camera ay wala... po0ota talaga tong toyota ph

2. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    To be fair, sya pinaka pogi sa mga bagong midsize SUVS...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Still the cheapest SUV of its size in our market, or even globally.

They charge high because they can. Again, people hating on the expensive price for the bare features can easily boycott Toyota and go for other brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Because these trucks were not designed for cornering at all. Remember, these are designed as low-cost SUVs for emerging markets. Sophisticated suspension will just add to the production cost, even if most buyers do not need nor want it.

Good point. I just remembered the flurry of rollovers by Ford Explorers a long time ago in the US. Drivers' fault mostly, but still, some idiot proofing for semi-affordable cars would be nice. Maybe increase the track a bit more?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    Good point. I just remembered the flurry of rollovers by Ford Explorers a long time ago in the US. Drivers' fault mostly, but still, some idiot proofing for semi-affordable cars would be nice. Maybe increase the track a bit more?
    Platform constraints make it difficult to make wider trucks. If you would notice, more than length or height, it's the width of the car that's usually proportional to its price. Which is why subcompacts like the City can go toe-to-toe with compacts in terms of legroom, but elbow room remains lacking.

To be fair, the Everest is now wider than its height. The same can't be said for the Fortuner though. Safety regulations for emerging markets are also much less stringent, so manufacturers don't need to pass moose tests and the like.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    I agree. Even with the "Toyota tax" the V variants look to be low value given the high price.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by br733 View Post
    bec parts and servicing is cheap compared to other brands.... outside of casa , that is
    Im my experience sa parts oo. Pero servicing kung outside casa pare-pareho lang sa counterpart na kotse.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Platform constraints make it difficult to make wider trucks. If you would notice, more than length or height, it's the width of the car that's usually proportional to its price. Which is why subcompacts like the City can go toe-to-toe with compacts in terms of legroom, but elbow room remains lacking.

To be fair, the Everest is now wider than its height. The same can't be said for the Fortuner though. Safety regulations for emerging markets are also much less stringent, so manufacturers don't need to pass moose tests and the like.

I hear you re: platform constraints but it wouldn't hurt to extend the rear axle say, 2 inches wider while having the same chassis dimensions. They could also do that up front. The Everest does look more stable. Fort looks pike.

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by br733 View Post
    bec parts and servicing is cheap compared to other brands.... outside of casa , that is
    Parts siguro pero on service, PMS:

Everest = every 10K
    Fortuner = every 5k?

Kung mas mura nga how many years or hundred thousand kilometers bago ma off set yang price diff?
    Hirap justify yan, pwede siguro bec. of brand and peace of mind bec its toyota = reliable

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Filipinos tend to have brand loyalty. Those who are buying new monteros probably had a pajero 20 years ago. Its going to be the same for toyota and ford.

I have this friend who has 3 fortuners, 1 grandia, & 1 lc200. Now thats brand loyalty.

2016 Toyota Fortuner