New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 87 of 529 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Braking power varies from car-to-car. This is actually all speculation until you really compare the Everest vs Fortuner vs Montero. A car with 4 wheel discs doesn't always have superior braking (Mazda 3 2.0R vs Altis G, 10th gen Altis V vs 11th gen Altis G). Our differing experience with 2 cars of succeeding generations further supports this point. Even if ceteris paribus, the overall braking power and longevity will be better in an all disc setup given the same car, these are 3 different SUVs and paper specs mean nothing.

So far among the 3, I've only driven the Everest, and it felt heavy under hard braking, much like a Land Cruiser. But it has noticeably improved braking distance compared to the Fortuner when it was first launched (the Fortuner facelifts had better braking power). Less nose dive compared to the outgoing Montero as well (a nod to its better balanced suspension).

Only definitive way to tell if the drums on the Fort will be a disadvantage is to actually drive it, and drive it hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I'd say that the lack of a sliding second row in the Everest is a much bigger oversight than the lack of handles on the Fortuner.

Nonetheless, the Everest really seems to be the best value in that price range with the Trend/Titanium, but I still find the rear quite iffy. Not as downright awful as the Montero's rear, but still awkward.

Also, the 2.2 feels labored with the heavy Everest, it really felt like I was driving a truck with a turbodiesel. The 2.4 felt very relaxed with the Hilux, I hope it stays as smooth with this heavier Fortuner.

I find that the Fortuner looks the best among the PPVs simply because it's the most subdued. This is a car that'll be sold for a decade, so it better not get old quickly.

Sliding ang 2nd row. I just saw the everest trend yesterday. If its set all the way back. Getting out of the 2nd row, tatama butt ko sa wheel well/arch. Hehehe so i adjusted/slid the 2nd row forward.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Sliding ang 2nd row. I just saw the everest trend yesterday. If its set all the way back. Getting out of the 2nd row, tatama butt ko sa wheel well/arch. Hehehe so i adjusted/slid the 2nd row forward.
    EDIT: The Everest doesn't tumble, but it slides. My bad.

Overall, I personally think the Everest 2.2 Titanium comes out the best buy with the most toys and good-enough aesthetics. However, it's 160k more expensive than the Fortuner G. That's enough to get HID (which the Everest doesn't have) and 20" rims, plus some change. Still none of the safety and convenience features of the Everest though, but it does look better in my eyes.

Last edited by jut703; January 16th, 2016 at 11:01 PM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Is that an AVT head unit I see in the new Fortuner? Someone, please tell me that I'm wrong.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DacoTyan View Post
    Is that an AVT head unit I see in the new Fortuner? Someone, please tell me that I'm wrong.
    Unfortunately, it looks like you're right.

At the very least, it's not the OEM HU we've seen in the global launch pics.

I'm genuinely curious how well the under-spec'd Fortuner will fair against the competition.

Last edited by jut703; January 16th, 2016 at 09:24 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Dont worry. Even the top fully loaded spec of the new landcruiser is equipped with that same AVT. This boggles the mind. Thats the first thing i would change.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    looks the same sa thai spec fort

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    This is from Top Gear Ph from the Fortuner launch:

toyota-fortuner-15.jpg

Head unit looks like AVT.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    This is from Top Gear Ph from the Fortuner launch:

toyota-fortuner-15.jpg

Head unit looks like AVT.
    It's an AVT headunit nga. Mas ok pa nga yung AVT headunit ng Montero kesa dito sa Fortuner. The Montero's have a screen mirroring feature for iPhone and Android phones. While the one on the Fortuner doesn't have one

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    From Top Gear PH 2016 Fortuner Price list

http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/car-n...r?ref=headline

Top of the line variant is 100k more expensive compare to its major rival.

2016 Toyota Fortuner