New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 502 of 529 FirstFirst ... 402452492498499500501502503504505506512 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,020 of 5286
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post
    I prefer not to. Its actually a safety feature. In the US of A. most cars there, once u turn off the ignition, the doors are still locked. first press of the unlock button opens only the driver's side door. u press the unlock button TWICE and it opens/unlocks all doors.
    Imagine turning off your car in a dimly lit area with suspicious persons in the vicinity, with your car having the feature to unlock all doors once the ignition key is off.... anything can happen you know.. just my two cents
    i agree.
    i want my doors to remain locked, until i unlock them.

but i suppose, auto unlock is a safety feature in some instances.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I prefer not to. Its actually a safety feature. In the US of A. most cars there, once u turn off the ignition, the doors are still locked. first press of the unlock button opens only the driver's side door. u press the unlock button TWICE and it opens/unlocks all doors.
    Imagine turning off your car in a dimly lit area with suspicious persons in the vicinity, with your car having the feature to unlock all doors once the ignition key is off.... anything can happen you know.. just my two cents
    I second the motion.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Sa Mobilio, once inopen ng driver ang door nya, unlock lahat ng pinto.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    in my innova,
    when i use the power lock to unlock my driver door, all doors unlock.
    when i get off to ooen the pawis-gate of the house, i unlock my driver door using its manual lever. that way, only the driver door unlocks. the other doors remain locked.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    i prefer the convenience of enabling the "Driver's door linked door unlocking function" when i get my stuff from the back seat (instead of reaching them from inside before going down). if it's in an unsafe area, i don't think the locked doors will be a sufficient deterrent against a criminal. It may even cause a false sense of security and give me false confidence to park on an unsafe area. Anyway, the manual says on page 177 that the fortuner has the option but i couldn't make it work. I intend to ask my service advisor but it will still be a while before my next pms. Hoping for inputs from the forum if anyone was able to enable it. thanks in advance

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by robie_cc View Post
    i prefer the convenience of enabling the "Driver's door linked door unlocking function" when i get my stuff from the back seat (instead of reaching them from inside before going down). if it's in an unsafe area, i don't think the locked doors will be a sufficient deterrent against a criminal. It may even cause a false sense of security and give me false confidence to park on an unsafe area. Anyway, the manual says on page 177 that the fortuner has the option but i couldn't make it work. I intend to ask my service advisor but it will still be a while before my next pms. Hoping for inputs from the forum if anyone was able to enable it. thanks in advance
    Dati when I ask the CASA to enable it, di daw nila kaya, pero try mo na lang sir.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vinrem View Post
    Dati when I ask the CASA to enable it, di daw nila kaya, pero try mo na lang sir.

Thanks Vinrem

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by vinrem View Post

Have you replace your car battery?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpedition View Post
    Have you replace your car battery?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Yup, change it to amaron.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    is the stock stereo headunit of the 2016-19 Fortuner able to support carplay? tnx

2016 Toyota Fortuner