New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 40 of 529 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Ang tagal naman kung August next year pa. Indecisive between current gen Fort or new Everest or wait for the New Fortuner next year 2016 Toyota Fortuner

2. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    I was talking with one of SAs of a Toyota branch and she was telling me that the new fortuner is coming in at around the same time next year....

Wtf.....

She was trying to encourage me to buy now....
    Maniwala ka sa mga bokyong yan, kakalaunch lang ng Hilux sa Thailand meron na agad dito. Pano pa yang Fortuner na di hamak na mas mabenta dito kaysa sa Hilux.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenger75 View Post
    Maniwala ka sa mga bokyong yan, kakalaunch lang ng Hilux sa Thailand meron na agad dito. Pano pa yang Fortuner na di hamak na mas mabenta dito kaysa sa Hilux.
    Completely agree lol

4. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by frostmourn View Post
    Because when drum is wet less ang stopping power niya. Try mo sir disc vs. Drum pag umuulan para macompare mo.
    Agree ako dito. Pero sa kabilang banda naman.. mas matibay drum kesa sa disk.. nakakatatlong palit ka na ng brake pads sa disk.. isang brakeshoe pa lang sa drum. Minsan nga 1:4 pa..

pag under normal condition malakas din braking power ng drum.. afaik, disk is designed for light and high speed cars while drum is designed for heavy load cars/vehicle..

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Never had a problem braking with my Ranger and Altis, and both had drums. Even on highway speeds above the speed limit.

What's more important to note is that you're driving a 2-ton SUV with a high center of gravity, raised suspension, and a truck chassis. Even if you have 4-wheel disc brakes but you try to drive it like a sports sedan, you'll get yourself in trouble.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    One should ask, why no car manufacturer uses drums in the front. Trucks are exception because they're pneumatic assisted and load is in the body. Simple answer: engine weight and most of the braking force is needed in the front, this explains also naka 3palit ka na ng disc pad, 1/2 pa kapal ng rear brake shoes.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    One should ask, why no car manufacturer uses drums in the front. Trucks are exception because they're pneumatic assisted and load is in the body. Simple answer: engine weight and most of the braking force is needed in the front, this explains also naka 3palit ka na ng disc pad, 1/2 pa kapal ng rear brake shoes.
    yup. and why?! because of the most common advantage of disc brakes over drum brakes - heat dissipation.

drum brakes always have problems on heavy breaking situation because they are enclosed, heat does not dissipate well. and we all know we lose breaking power because of too much heat. that is why it is the much inferior braking system but cheaper than discs nowadays.

disc brakes of course mas mahal ang price. but it normally does not have the over heating issues. so practically it is always used at the front and having 4 wheel disc brakes is always better

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Which means this new fortuner scrimped on this feature. Atleast man lang sana maging option sa TOTL variant to justify the price. May naka 4drum pa pala na brand new, isusu i-van.2016 Toyota Fortuner

9. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Which means this new fortuner scrimped on this feature. Atleast man lang sana maging option sa TOTL variant to justify the price. May naka 4drum pa pala na brand new, isusu i-van.2016 Toyota Fortuner
    I read before sa Australian models naka disc brakes, ano kaya makakarating satin.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    usually, top most variant Lang gumamit ng 4 disc brakes. it should be better. more options for upgrade also

2016 Toyota Fortuner