New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 29 of 529 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinworld View Post
    following the mistakes of honda. a few years ago, honda is no.1. they lost their status when they increase all the prices of their lineup against major competitors. asean region is all about value for money
    Honda was never number one, because they never had CVs, which is a sizable chunk of the market.

Even during the late 90s when the EK overtook the AE111, Toyota still had the Revo, FX, Hilux, and Hiace to keep its crown as market leader.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Honda needs diesel people movers to be more competitive in their lineup. It baffles me to this day that their product planners don't consider this burgeoning market segment .

I mean they have a manufacturing base In thailand. They must see that pickups, diesel SUVs and innovas are absolutely killing it.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    the best selling vehicle now is the vios. few years ago, honda sold more civics and citys than Toyota's corolla and echo. the crv is always a best seller compared to rav4 due to the price advantage.

overpricing can erode market share and profits. unless, they are coming up with an introductory discount gimmick

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Whatever pricing Toyota TH has for their products will be different in the Philippines, can't just convert. The 1.6 G cvt altis srp there is 829k baht or roughly 1.1M php converted, but srp here is 935k only.

It's funny how people are reacting especially all the haters on the internet, it hasn't even been launched here. Only goes to show how big an impact this will have in the market. As they say, you know you're doing something right if you have a ton of haters.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Same specs with PHDM kaya? Or bawas nanaman as usual?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'd rather they take out some fancy bits and lower the price.

They should have an entry-level model at around 1.4-1.5M without the leather, power seats, etc. Then a full-featured 4x2 at around 1.6-1.7, and a TOTL 4WD for around 2M. This will put it squarely against the Everest.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Honda sells their diesels in Europe (obviously accdg to EU standards). Maybe they will sell their diesels once the local fuel suppliers complete the shift to EU4 diesel. Diesel Civic and Accord/Crosstour would be great. They even have a Jet plane now so there's really nothing Honda can't do if it really wants to.

OnT:

This looks nice. Spring na rin ba ang rear shocks? Kind of expensive though. Why on earth are they still using rear drums?!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    not a hater but honest opinion Lang. overpriced talaga... naka zero tariff na nga. how much more kung palang asean free trade. I also own several toyotas including a 2013 fortuner. nakakahilo talaga yung ride sa fortuner. kahit na sa pag drive. wiggles every now and then.

sa Thailand, rear drum pa rin
    Australia has rear disk brake for top variant

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If I were Toyota I'd overprice it too. At the end of the day, it's about finding the equilibrium of supply and demand, and I think that even at 2M for the TOTL and 1.5M for the base, demand will still exceed supply.

But even if Toyota knows it's a segment leader, it doesn't usually overprice its cars. The Wigo, Vios and Altis are all priced competitively against their peers. The Hilux is more expensive than similar pickups but not by much.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Just remember how much hyundai overpriced their sante fe..... and we see how that totl variant fared......

2016 Toyota Fortuner